View Full Version : playing video in landscape with betaplayer

jnev
07-28-2005, 07:41 PM
i'm probably too blind to see... but how do i play video in landscape mode with betaplayer? i have my videos encoded to 320x240, and it's kinda useless with landscape.

thanks

GSmith
07-28-2005, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure which settings force the full-screen mode. I currently use Stable 0.5, I haven't upgraded to TCPMP yet. Try

Options | Orientation | check Right-handed
Settings | Player page | check Play at open in fullscreen

Tapping the screen inside the video toggles "Play Fullscreen" and "Pause". Tapping the play button toggles "Play non-full screen" and "Pause".

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Pocket PC *direct* RSS text, audio, video, podcasts
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

jnev
07-28-2005, 08:09 PM
thanks a ton, that worked perfectly.

another question on an unrelated note. is there any way to speed up my ppc. i have a e335 (300mhz xscale) and it's mostly fine on scenes with little to no moving or action, but as soon as there's a bit of action involved, it starts stuttering so badly that it's completely unwatchable. are there any settings i can change to improve playback, or am i pretty much screwed until i can get a newer (more powerful) pda?

thanks

GSmith
07-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Not sure how to optimize video playback. You may want to check out the forums at http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about

They might be more familiar with the details of video playback, but also might encourage you to upgrade to the latest TCPMP version (0.66 I think is the latest right now).

chees
07-28-2005, 10:30 PM
I can watch most movies pretty well and cartoons perfectly on my e-115 130mhz when encoded with pocketdivx in betaplayer. Search pocketdivxencoder in google.

jnev
07-29-2005, 12:45 AM
i'm already using pocket divx encoder to enclode my videos. what's TCPMP?

jnev
07-29-2005, 01:24 AM
never mind, shoud've looked at the link you gave me first. is it just an updated and renamed betaplayer? either way, i got rid of betaplayer and installed TCPMP.

Darius Wey
07-29-2005, 02:41 AM
never mind, shoud've looked at the link you gave me first. is it just an updated and renamed betaplayer? either way, i got rid of betaplayer and installed TCPMP.

Good guess. The BetaPlayer project was abandoned in favour of TCPMP, so from now on, TCPMP is the way to go. :)

jnev
07-29-2005, 04:57 AM
wow, i just tried playing one of my videos with TCPMP, and it's so much smoother. MUCH MUCH better. thanks a ton, it almost never gets choppy anymore.

thanks!!

A_C
08-02-2005, 09:14 PM
thanks a ton, that worked perfectly.

another question on an unrelated note. is there any way to speed up my ppc. i have a e335 (300mhz xscale) and it's mostly fine on scenes with little to no moving or action, but as soon as there's a bit of action involved, it starts stuttering so badly that it's completely unwatchable. are there any settings i can change to improve playback, or am i pretty much screwed until i can get a newer (more powerful) pda?

thanks

Overclock - Cpuxscaler or PocketHackMaster...

My Orange SPV M2000 happily runs at 520mhz from 400....And trust me its makes a difference, however eats your battery....But what i do is underclock it when the power is not needed, and overclock/run at stock when power is needed, e.g movie playback...