View Full Version : PocketPC Techs...what can I say

robclif4d
07-28-2005, 12:23 AM
For those of you who have used PocketPC Techs in the past, this should not come as a surprise. I sent them my new hx4700 Monday morning (overnight) and they called me at home tonight to let me know they sent it back today and I'll have it Thursday afternoon. It took only 3 day to send it, upgrade the unit, and send it back. This is my second upgrade with them and I couldn't be happier with their service.

Anyone on the fence on whether to use PPC Techs and have your device upgraded, they have my recommendation.

Thanks,

Rob

Sven Johannsen
07-28-2005, 01:28 AM
And mine. I've had two units upgraded as well.

martin_ayton
07-28-2005, 01:39 PM
I hate to say this but I have had the opposite experience: After recommendations from people here, I emailed PPCTechs with a request to help me replace a lost casing screw for my Xda2s. No answer. I tried again a couple of weeks later. Again, no answer.

Now I know that they may not be able to help me or may choose not to because the payback is too small. Fair enough; they are a business not a charity. But completely to ignore me? That click of a delete key just cost them a customer, probably for all time, and I will make sure that everyone I know who might be interested in spending money with them will know about my (unnecessarily) negative experience before they do so.

npatang
07-28-2005, 03:17 PM
I am still thinking wether to call them up or not :devilboy:

--Npatang

Jacob
07-28-2005, 03:50 PM
I hate to say this but I have had the opposite experience: After recommendations from people here, I emailed PPCTechs with a request to help me replace a lost casing screw for my Xda2s. No answer. I tried again a couple of weeks later. Again, no answer.

Now I know that they may not be able to help me or may choose not to because the payback is too small. Fair enough; they are a business not a charity. But completely to ignore me? That click of a delete key just cost them a customer, probably for all time, and I will make sure that everyone I know who might be interested in spending money with them will know about my (unnecessarily) negative experience before they do so.

I had a similar experience with their response time, however once I got their attention by posting in reply to their rep here they actually got right on it and responded quite quickly.

I think their issue is with questions falling through the cracks unfortunately - not a real excuse, but they should find a better system.