View Full Version : Copying songs but not playlists?!?

justrick
07-27-2005, 05:35 PM
When I copy a playlist's worth of songs to my PPC (using WMP 10), all the songs get copied, but not the playlist itself! Anyone have any idea why this is? There's little point in having the songs there if I can't access the playlists that go with them.

FWIW, I have the same problem when I copy playlists via Yahoo Music Engine.

Oh, and yes, I have WMP 10 Mobile on my Axim X50v...

Sven Johannsen
07-27-2005, 06:34 PM
You need to set up an automatic sync on the PC. Select the playlists there, and it will copy the list as well as the songs. If the songs are already on the PPC, it won't copy them again.

justrick
07-27-2005, 08:18 PM
You need to set up an automatic sync on the PC. Select the playlists there, and it will copy the list as well as the songs. If the songs are already on the PPC, it won't copy them again.

Thanks for the info! When you say "on the PC," do you mean in ActiveSync, WMP, or somewhere else?

Darius Wey
07-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the info! When you say "on the PC," do you mean in ActiveSync, WMP, or somewhere else?

I'm pretty sure Sven's referring to WMP. Current versions of ActiveSync (other than v4.0 working with Windows Mobile 5.0 devices) do not have native media sync support.

justrick
07-28-2005, 03:12 PM

I'm pretty sure Sven's referring to WMP. Current versions of ActiveSync (other than v4.0 working with Windows Mobile 5.0 devices) do not have native media sync support.

Okay, that did the trick. Thanks! Really shouldn't be so difficult...

FWIW, Yahoo Music Engine appears to rely on xspf-format playlists rather than M3U, so its playlists aren't compatible with WMP10 Mobile (AFAIK, that is). Major bummer... it's a great program otherwise.