View Full Version : IPAQ 3630 No sound!

narmi2
07-27-2005, 03:11 PM
hi

i have an ipaq 3630 and for some reason the builtin speaker has stopped working. i tried it out with some standard headphones and the sound works properly!

any ideas whats wrong?

thanks

Darius Wey
07-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Hi narmi2, welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts. :)

On rare occasions, the internal speaker/headphone "switch" becomes confused, so it may still think you have your headphones plugged in when in actual fact, they're not. Try plugging and unplugging your headphones into the jack a few times, and see if the speaker starts working after that.

If not, let us know.

Jacob
07-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Definitely try what Darius suggested first.

I had this problem with my 4155 where every once in a while(rarely) the sound would come back and then go off again, but the headphones always worked.

Oddly enough when I did a hard reset, the sound came back perfectly. It is my view that it was a software problem. That could be the issue, but I'd definitely try other options like Darius' suggestion before you resort to the hard reset route.

LWesson
07-27-2005, 06:45 PM
hi

i have an ipaq 3630 and for some reason the builtin speaker has stopped working. i tried it out with some standard headphones and the sound works properly!

any ideas whats wrong?

thanks

the jack is the issue. Compaq released 3 different versions of the jack due to this type of problem. If reinserting that plug several times does not fix the problem, the jack will need to be replaced.

We do offer this repair.

narmi2
07-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks for all the replies. :D

Ok I tried everything you said and I noticed no improvements. I did a soft reboot and even a hard reboot., but nothing.

So whats next, send it in to the repair shop? If I do send it in, will this happen again in the future?

LWesson
07-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks for all the replies. :D

Ok I tried everything you said and I noticed no improvements. I did a soft reboot and even a hard reboot., but nothing.

So whats next, send it in to the repair shop? If I do send it in, will this happen again in the future?

We have the 3rd revision of the jack in stock, so it shouldn't.