View Full Version : Short Battery Life with 4150

deepict
07-25-2005, 04:18 PM
My 4150 used to last about a week between charges. However, I bought a second battery and once I started swapping between batteries, I suddenly realised that a fully charged battery would only last 6-8 hours even with the iPAQ turned off.

I have done a hard reset and still face the same problem with both batteries.

Does anyone have suggestions what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.

stevelam
07-26-2005, 11:43 AM
My 4150 used to last about a week between charges. However, I bought a second battery and once I started swapping between batteries, I suddenly realised that a fully charged battery would only last 6-8 hours even with the iPAQ turned off.

Thanks in advance.

Just an idea but try soft-reseting the device while it is charging, as in my h2210 it resets the battery monitoring bit if the OS so it re-charges it for the right lenght of time. Also check that there are no programs running and that bluetooth and wifi are turned off.

deepict
07-28-2005, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the suggestion - I will try it. I have previously tried (as you suggested) turning off bluetooth and Wifi and even removing the the SD flash memory card but it still didn't stop the battery from running down with the iPAQ turned off. I even tried testing battery life with the iPAQ in its re-initialised state with no improvement

Thanks in advance.

Just an idea but try soft-reseting the device while it is charging, as in my h2210 it resets the battery monitoring bit if the OS so it re-charges it for the right lenght of time. Also check that there are no programs running and that bluetooth and wifi are turned off.