View Full Version : Best Cleaning Utility?

binstpa
07-21-2005, 09:01 PM
I used the freeware program remover to clean up bad install files, bad registry entries, cookies, etc... but since I just got a new pocket pc running WM2003SE and not 2002 it won't work on the new OS. I would be willing to pay for a program if it did the job well, but it is hard after using a very usefull free version.

I have looked at Pocket Mechanic and Memmaid and they seem to offer some of the functionality but I am not sure they offer it all. Is there any other program that you would suggest?

I appreciate any help. My new PPC has wireless and I heard that browsing the internet runs hand in hand with downloading a lot of files that clog up your system and slow it down.

applejosh
07-21-2005, 09:14 PM
The only thing I can think of that would download and clog your PPC are temporary internet files. If you use Pocket Internet Explorer, I believe either will do the job. I prefer (and use) Memmaid. It's simple and effective. I haven't used Pocket Mechanic in a while. (I've registered both.) I also used to use a freeware program, but I can't remember what it was. Memmaid has a few other things I use, so it's more than worth the price to me.

BUMP THAT
07-21-2005, 09:16 PM
I say you should give SK Tools a try as well. Very nice app alongside MemMaid. I always use both constantly. :)

shawnc
07-21-2005, 10:36 PM
I love memaid. Best money I spent on my PPC.

yankeejeep
07-22-2005, 12:13 PM
I also use MemMaid for general cleaning and have it running automatically as part of my start-up routine. The advanced cleaning does pretty much all the nooks and crannies. SKTools is good for targetted maintenance especially when a general cleaning does not seem to find everything. I would say, though, that MemMaid would be good place for you to start - nicely takes care of all the areas where most users accumulate clutter and potential issues.

jickbahtech
07-22-2005, 10:16 PM
I also like Pocket Mechanic. Some pretty decent tools to defrag and check removable media.

allentjk
07-26-2005, 07:53 AM
i'm using Memmaid.....great application to clean my ppc....:)

buzzard
07-26-2005, 11:51 AM
I also use MemMaid but I've found that if you also use PHM Registry Editor, you will still find folders and other "litter" in the registry. I usually put the first word of the name of the application into the "find" operation of the PHM editor and hit find. Just be CAREFULL about what you delete.