View Full Version : Hitachi 4GB Microdrive driver issue

Mitch D
07-19-2005, 04:26 AM
I got a Hitachi 4 GB microdrive given to me and when I slip it into my hx4700 it asks for a driver. I would have figured that WM2003SE would aready have a built in driver for this device.

I know the drive works as I have slipped it into my multicard reader and have been able to access the card to read and write data to it with no problem.

Thanks in advance.

g0097
07-19-2005, 04:43 AM
Is the microdrive white? I just ask because it could be a microdrive from a mp3 player and if that is the case then it may not work.

Mitch D
07-19-2005, 06:14 AM
Is the microdrive white? I just ask because it could be a microdrive from a mp3 player and if that is the case then it may not work.

Actually it is indeed white, and I believe it came from a USB drive that had been busted.

g0097
07-19-2005, 07:50 AM
I thought so...alot of people use to buy the mp3 players with the 4gb hitachi microdrives in them and then take them out and use them in thier cameras and other eletronic items. The mp3 players were often 50% or more less than the price for the microdrive alone so it was a great deal while it lasted.

I think that hitachi has done something to their micro drives that they put in mp3 players so that they will not work in other electronic items. I certainly dont know enough to tell you what they did or why it wont work...i just know that it proably won't work. at least with a small CF card reader you now have 4GB of portable storage you can walk around with!

Mitch D
07-19-2005, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the info g0097, it's to bad that they have hamstringed this drive but such is life I guess.

beapda
03-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi all,

Has there been any updates to the forum regarding the Hitachi 4GB CF Microdrives. I also have one which I purchased to work in my IPAQ HX4700 and it asks for a driver.

Has anyone managed to get one of these working in their IPAQ. It works in a card reader connected to a PC via USB, but cannot get it to work in the IPAQ.

Any thoughts?

beapda
03-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi all,

Has there been any updates to the forum regarding the Hitachi 4GB CF Microdrives. I also have one which I purchased to work in my IPAQ HX4700 and it asks for a driver.

Has anyone managed to get one of these working in their IPAQ. It works in a card reader connected to a PC via USB, but cannot get it to work in the IPAQ.

Any thoughts?