View Full Version : Unsnarling my hx2750

whodat
07-15-2005, 06:36 PM
:( In the last week my hx 2750 has been very flaky. The worst problem involved alerts not sounding. I thought that SuperAlert might be the offender, but removing it did no good.
Soft resets also did not help.
A hard reset/restore helped somewhat, but 3 persistent problems:

1) When I restore, there are several files (From the names, I suspect related to Bluetooth) that won't restore. Active Sync tells me to stop programs that might be locking the files, but no programs other than ActiveSync are running. Also when I sync'd after the restore there were 7 files that needed resolution. When I tried resolving I again got messages sayign stop all running programs & try again, but I again could not find any running programs.

2) When I reset the device after restoring from backup, HP Protecttools reports a system error & keeps resetting the device to "correct" the error. As soon as it resets, it does the same thing. It finally stopped after several iterations, and HP Protecttools shut itself off, letting me use the device.

3) Every 15 minutes or so the device turns itself on. Tapping the SuperAlert icon gives me a message that the next alarm is at [roughly 15 minutes from now] set by repllog.exe/remote/all/h/p:all

Unless anyone has any bright ideas it looks to me that my only option to get this working right is to hard reset again and manually reinstall all my software, rather than restoring from backup.

Do I need to create a new partnership to do this?

Ugh!

Thanks!

OSUKid7
07-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Yes, I would definitely suggest doing a hard reset and reinstalling your programs manually. You will need to create a new partnership, but that's not a big problem. Your sync'ed documents folder will not be deleted, and if you name your device the same name as it had before, it will automatically copy your files back. Then just go into ActiveSync and reinstall each application there, assuming you installed the apps through ActiveSync originally.

whodat
07-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Does the sync'd documents folder contain just what I would think of as documents (eg Word documents, spreadsheets) or does it also contain files that the iPAQ uses that might be corrupt & might be the root of my problem?

In other words, might I actually want to delete the sync'd documents folder & start totally clean?

OSUKid7
07-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Does the sync'd documents folder contain just what I would think of as documents (eg Word documents, spreadsheets) or does it also contain files that the iPAQ uses that might be corrupt & might be the root of my problem?

In other words, might I actually want to delete the sync'd documents folder & start totally clean?
It contains the contents of your \My Documents folder on your Pocket PC. It's usually pretty safe since you probably only store documents there, and store program files later. Of course if you have problems right after you copy over your documents the first time, that may be the source of your problem.