View Full Version : Is your Audiovox xv6600 lagging...?

Airscanner
07-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Has anyone else noticed their xv6600 lagging? It also seems to have display problems sometimes, and also seems to require frequent soft resets.

I had problems with devices that ran Pocket PC Phone Edition a few years ago, but modern hardware (eg more OEM RAM) seems to have solved that.

The xv6600 seems to have impressive hardware, so I'm hopeful that these problems will be fixed in a future ROM upgrade.

If anyone else has had problems with a "lagging" xv6600, please post here so that I know I'm not just going insane ;)

Macguy59
07-16-2005, 02:33 AM
Has anyone else noticed their xv6600 lagging? It also seems to have display problems sometimes, and also seems to require frequent soft resets.

I had problems with devices that ran Pocket PC Phone Edition a few years ago, but modern hardware (eg more OEM RAM) seems to have solved that.

The xv6600 seems to have impressive hardware, so I'm hopeful that these problems will be fixed in a future ROM upgrade.

If anyone else has had problems with a "lagging" xv6600, please post here so that I know I'm not just going insane ;)

What specifically do you mean by 'lagging' ? The only times I've had to soft reset were do to software installs requiring it. The only quirk I have is that the display won't always immediately come on when pressing the power button. Couple of times I had to press the button 3 times. Mind you I'm using an unauthorized ROM (2.03) so I would expect things to maybe be a little haywire but glad to say they're not.

Airscanner
07-16-2005, 03:00 AM
Thanks, do you happen to have a URL to that ROM version? Or is it a cutsom-hacked ROM?

grantlairdjr
07-18-2005, 12:46 PM
I just got XV600 w/ camera under Verizon couple of weeks ago.

I already noticed its somewhat lagging too. I think I installed too many programs in it already. It shouldnt happen whether I have many stuff in it or not?

I wonder...

gwlj

Airscanner
07-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Actually I did a hard reset, and only installed a couple apps, and the problem is solved. It runs perfectly. I think it just can't handle too many apps (despite having plenty of free RAM).

Macguy59
07-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Thanks, do you happen to have a URL to that ROM version? Or is it a cutsom-hacked ROM?

Check the forums at pdaphonehome.com

Airscanner
07-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Sorry for the typo, I meant to say, "Thanks, byteme!"

Cortex
07-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Do you use an application to *truely close* running applications?

Maybe too many programs are running in the background....

Ron

RAP-BIG-ICP1
07-25-2005, 02:52 AM
Do you use an application to *truely close* running applications?

Maybe too many programs are running in the background....

Ron

I ran into that problem recently as well (I've only had the phone for a few days now). A friend of mine quickly clued me in to the "Start-> Settings -> Memory -> stop applications.

Is there a better way to *truely close* what is running?

Darius Wey
07-25-2005, 03:26 AM
Is there a better way to *truely close* what is running?

Yeah, one of the annoying aspects of the Windows Mobile OS is the lack of a real close button, which I guess in some respect is okay since you do away with program startup times, etc. Windows Mobile 5.0 also fails to include a real close button but it has been claimed that it makes use of a new program management feature which helps conserve available memory. We'll have to wait until devices are released before we comment on that again.

Anyway, for now, there are task managers out there which do the job. Popular ones are Spb Pocket Plus (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en) and WisBar Advance. (http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/wisbar/index.html)