View Full Version : Just upgraded from the i700 to i730

redlikemethodz
07-11-2005, 02:07 PM
It just got my i730 via fed ex last Friday. Not a bad device. It does just about everything the i700 did plus more. I mainly got it since the i700 was slow, and didn't have BT or EV-DO. I read in a review that the head phone jack was 3.5mm but unfortunately it was 2.5mm just like the i700. I shouldn't have included my adapter when I sold my i700 in eBay. = )

One thing I noticed is, when using both PocketNester or PocketSNES to emulate NES and SNES games, you can't press two buttons at the same time. Anyone else running into this issue or know a work around?

rocky_raher
07-12-2005, 05:11 AM
You say it does "just about" all the i700 does. I understand that the 730 does not have a built-in camera. I recognize that a lot of people have good reason for NOT having a camera, but this is one reason I'm not anxious to upgrade from my i700. I'm not a shutterbug who photographs almost everything, but I believe it's important to always have a camera ready. After a fender-bender accident, I always photograph the damage. I'd certainly take a lot of photos after a serious accident, or if I witnessed a crime in progress. Note that London authorities recently asked for any and all cell phone photos that might help in their investigations.

redlikemethodz
07-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Good point about the camera. Of course I never found my i700's camera to be worth anything more than the dust on it's lens. It never took good pics to me.

Janak Parekh
07-13-2005, 04:11 AM
Good point about the camera. Of course I never found my i700's camera to be worth anything more than the dust on it's lens. It never took good pics to me.
The i700's was notoriously bad, but I was hoping they improved it for the i730. I still hope Verizon releases a with-camera version... :|

--janak