View Full Version : Passed my last Microsoft Exam today!

jbachandouris
07-07-2005, 08:46 PM
After a long few years of on and off studying/working, I am now an MCSE on Windows 2000. Unfortunately, certification without experience is not very valuable.

Now I have time to read other things beside study guides!

BTW I can hardly wait for WM5. Hurry up HP!!!

Jon Westfall
07-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Welcome to the MCSE club. Unfortunatly, you're right - there are too many of us running around with just the paper and no knowledge - but if you get some experience under you (And perform some miracles at the right time) you should be able to turn that certification into some nice earning power. Good Luck!

jbachandouris
07-08-2005, 12:26 AM
I am waiting to start work in a non-IT job. They pay $14.40/hr and have good benefits. I am married with a daughter and another child on the way, so I don't have the luxury of waiting around for IT. I worked as a break-fix technician for 8 months and then I was laid off. That was 4 1/2 months ago. No IT job offers since then...two interviews and two rejections.

Steven Cedrone
07-08-2005, 01:19 AM
Welcome to the club! Keep trying, even if you have to take another job until you can land something it IT! Good luck!

jbachandouris
07-08-2005, 01:27 AM
Thanks.

Darius Wey
07-08-2005, 03:16 AM
Congratulations! http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/media/users/13148/emot-partyblower.gif

pjerry220
07-08-2005, 03:21 AM
It takes stamina to achieve your goal. You have inspired me to continue my MCSE certification. I have completed 3 exams with 4 more to go. I am just the opposite of you. I have more than 7 years experience in Windows networking but have not completed the certs.

Don't stop there though. If you can get anther certification in IT your options will grow. I have an IBM Advance Certification on Lotus Notes. It is my primary job but I also support Windows networks. If something bad happens like getting fired or laid off I hve a few options.

Don't give up. You'll make it.

jbachandouris
07-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Certifications held:
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE 2K, Master DCSE (Dell)

Even these aren't helping me find IT work. Experience is king and 8 months isn't enough. :<