View Full Version : Screen rotation: Can the navigation button be 'rotated' to match?

martin_ayton
07-07-2005, 02:40 PM
I quite like running my Xda2s in landscape mode, particularly for browsing and using Laridian's Bible software (Bible and commentary look and work better side by side rather than one above the other). The problem is that the navigation button doesn't get reoriented along with the screen, so to scroll down I have to press 'left' etc.. This is a bit like that old thing of trying to pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time: possible, but consuming entirely too much brain bandwidth. Does anyone know of an app. which 'rotates' the button? Preferably one that reorients automatically whenever the screen is rotated.

Darius Wey
07-08-2005, 03:36 AM
Not that I know of. Most of the hardware button functionality specific to a program is coded within the program itself. If you'd like to see this fixed, it may be a good idea to send an email off to the developers of that particular program.

You do mention browsing. IE Mobile accommodates to a change in screen orientation by flipping the D-pad assignments. So this may just be a problem with the Laridian software.

Nurhisham Hussein
07-08-2005, 06:05 AM
I've been reading through MSDN trying to get a handle on WM code and Darius is right - from WM2003SE onwards the OS reorientates hardware buttons depending on the screen orientation, so this is definitely an issue with Laridian.

martin_ayton
07-08-2005, 10:28 AM
Before I take this up with Laridian, I wonder if the issue is actually with my XdaIIs: I find that the D-pad does not re-orient along with the screen when I use IE. Actually browsing is my primary driver for wanting the D-Pad re-oriented - with Laridian's stuff I only really need to go up and down and even my brain can handle that re-map. Internet browsing on a QVGA screen needs lots of left and right too. Perhaps I missed an options setting somewhere, or perhaps, as I say, this is an issue with the XdaIIs.

Any other Xda / Blue Angel users care to comment?