View Full Version : Built In Storage Gone!?

Alan Zaks
07-05-2005, 02:18 AM
Hello Axim users.

I have an Asus A730, which comes with about 17mb of Built In Storage (Flash Rom). Yesterday, it just disappeared!

Does anyone know how to get it back??

Darius Wey
07-05-2005, 03:08 AM
Have you tried a soft-reset?

Alan Zaks
07-05-2005, 04:05 AM
Woah...Of course! Soft, hard, previous backup restore, evn a rom re-flash!

Darius Wey
07-05-2005, 04:10 AM
Well then, that complicates matters. What were you last doing before it suddenly "disappeared"?

Janak Parekh
07-05-2005, 05:49 AM
Did you accidentally fill up the contents of the store? I've heard that's one reason flash stores disappear. Either way, you may have to call Asus and see if they can fix it for you.

--janak

surur
07-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Try this. Works on the Loox Looxstore.

Thanks a lot
I hold reset+power+AP1 for 10 sec and then I kept power+AP1 releasing the reset for few sec. Now I've the LooxStore empty and all seem to work properly.
Only another question: the memory monitor shows that 1.14 MB of the LooxStore are allocated but the folder is empty. Any suggestion?
Sdavs
http://www.firstloox.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4181&page=1&pp=15

Surur

chia76
07-13-2005, 02:18 AM
I also had the same problem of missing Built-in storage, when installing software to it. Tried all method, soft/hard reset, ROM update etc. I even tried the Loox method. No response. Not only that, all the SD and CF slots are now not functioning. It won't read the SD memory card or CF card, but strangely the CF GPS receiver still works. Emailed Asus tech support, and tried Asus forum, no reply from Asus yet. Very disappointed. Also, the PDA seemed really slow and buggy after that, it won't complete the SPD benchmark, kept crashing/hanging.
After all this trouble wasted 2 days, returned the Asus PDA. Am getting a Dell Axim X50v. I think this problem of BIS missing is not just Asus, Axim users in aximsite also had this problem. I am sure this is a hardware fault with the ROM chip, or corrupted ROM filesystem, there's no known way to fix it except sending it back (apart from lucky Loox user who can reformat their ROM)

moonlonely
03-11-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't know if this would work on an Asus, but I restored the built-in storage on my Axim X50v by using the disc from Dell to upgrade my OS to WM5, then I downgraded back to Windows Mobile 2003SE.

I've got a complete walkthrough up on my blog: http://bradlinder.blogspot.com/2007/03/how-i-recovered-built-in-storage-that.html

anonymous99
03-12-2007, 03:09 AM
sometimes on some devices, after you have done a ROM upgrade, the internal storage could be removed. and that is from the ROM change, and it is the expected behavior from the manufacturer. Only if you can reverse the ROM back, you can get it back. Otherwise it is gone, no matter you do a hard reset, since it is not even in the ROM