View Full Version : 1 hr delay error

jlp
07-02-2005, 10:39 PM
I setup ActiveSync to sync time with my PPC. But I always endup with 1 hr delay error between my computer (and the correct local time) and my PPC. I don't see any option to turn on/off DST.

What did I miss?

yankeejeep
07-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Is the host desktop set to adjust for DST? If not, this would throw your device off when synced.

jlp
07-03-2005, 02:02 AM
I investigated further and found some odd setting. I use WorldTime on my PC for Internet time syncing, but I have to choose Offset from UTC: 0. I'm quite sure this is wrong as I live in Western Europe which is GMT+1

Sven Johannsen
07-03-2005, 03:40 AM
Out of curiosity, do you have the Windows clock function set to the correct TimeZone? I don't know much about WorldTime, since XP has the ability to sync with time servers on it's own, but it is possible that WorldTime sets the master clock in XP, which really is set to GMT. What is displayed in the system tray, and used by the OS, is based on this universal time, and offset by the TimeZone you select. That way when you enter an appointment, it is actually entered relative to GMT. If you send that appointment to someone it goes on their PC relative to GMT and offset by their TZ selection.

On the PPC, there are often a couple of entries for any particular TimeZone. GMT+1 for instance has 5 options from Prague to West Central Africa. I don't know the specifics but the reason for the multiple entries is when or if DST is observed.