View Full Version : How to Change the suggested words from keyboard??

vagner_car
07-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Posted - 06/30/2005 : 16:54:29
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi folks !
Is there any way to change the language of the keyboard list of suggested words on the windows mobile 2003?
I have an Ipaq h4155 with WM2003 English version, but I am Brazillian and I woul like to change the words that's is suggested from the keyboard while I´m typing. Actually it tries to suggest a word in english, but I´d like to change this to protugese.
Also, I would like to change the list of the words for Transcriber too. If I wright a word in portuguese, I have to wright very well, otherwise Transcriber doesn´t recgonize well. If I wright words in english, it recgonizes even if a make some badspelling. It means that it´s not because my "ugly wright", altought I really have "ugly wright" :wink:
I have friends that have older ipaqs with WM2002 in portuguese and was thinking if its possible to change the file that is responsible for the suggestion (on keyborad) and recognition (transcriber).
Is it possible? What is (are) the file(s) ? Where is (are) it (they)? What do I have to do? Does it work?
Thanks for any help.

Vagner Carneiro

Menneisyys
07-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Is there any way to change the language of the keyboard list of suggested words on the windows mobile 2003?
I have an Ipaq h4155 with WM2003 English version, but I am Brazillian and I woul like to change the words that's is suggested from the keyboard while I´m typing. Actually it tries to suggest a word in english, but I´d like to change this to protugese.

Well, the WM operating system is really stupid, as far as user completion dictionaries are concerned.

However, there is (some) hope. If you give me a pointer to an online word list that lists the portuguese words in the order of fequency (that is, the most used word first, the second most-used one second etc), then, I generate a custom dictionary file for you that you can use. Please see [url=http://www.firstloox.org//forums/showthread.php?t=4200][url] on this subject.