View Full Version : method of syncing Exchange 2003 tasks/notes

deuce
06-30-2005, 06:23 PM
I have setup a new X50 to sync with my exchange 2003 server over the wireless and it seems pretty sweet. I'm disappointed that it won't seem to sync tasks and notes especially since the Exchange 2003 server provides those features to OWA now. Does anyone know of a way of getting this to work? My boss lives on his tasks.

Thanks for the info.

pivaska
06-30-2005, 06:26 PM
We do the same thing and so far there is no way of syncing the files and tasks at the same time over wireless. It doesn't really make sense but that is the way it is..... unless there is an unknown tweak.

deuce
06-30-2005, 06:33 PM
along the same lines, is there any way to sync a public/shared calendar? We keep a staff calendar that would be great to keep a copy of.

pivaska
06-30-2005, 06:37 PM
We looked at that option also and still haven't figured out a good solution. It is an exchange issue and not an active sync or wireless problem.

Janak Parekh
07-01-2005, 04:26 AM
We do the same thing and so far there is no way of syncing the files and tasks at the same time over wireless. It doesn't really make sense but that is the way it is..... unless there is an unknown tweak.
Neither are supported through Server Activesync. :( WM5 + the feature pack will add Tasks sync, but Files sync is not planned.

You can get task sync through third-party server sync solutions, like Intellisync, but files sync seems to be ActiveSync only for now, AFAIK.

--janak