View Full Version : which pocket PC

lex1000
06-30-2005, 01:09 PM
I'm a newbie to pocket PC's. I'm looking for a pocket PC with keyboard interface that I can use to write HTML, Java and PHP for deployment on a standard web browser (desk top PC).

Any pointers anybody can give me as to what I need to be able to do this would be much appreciated.

surur
06-30-2005, 02:04 PM
What you want to do CAN be done with a pocketpc, but its pushing the envelope. You would be much more productive spending two-three times as much on a mini-laptop.

Surur

Kowalski
06-30-2005, 02:28 PM
writing code on pocketpc?
every now and then some talk about writing code on pocket pc using various languages, but i didnt see anybody building even the smallest program on a pda.
man, i use a 22" monitor, and sometimes think i should get a second one!

Kowalski
06-30-2005, 02:38 PM

lex1000
06-30-2005, 02:49 PM
What you want to do CAN be done with a pocketpc, but its pushing the envelope. You would be much more productive spending two-three times as much on a mini-laptop.

Surur

I'm spending the next 12 months back packing around the world. There are a few web pages that I need to develop. I was hoping to be able to work on them on my travels. Unfortunately, even the smallest of mini-laptops is just too big when everything you own has to fit in a 60 litre bag.