View Full Version : HP5555 Screen will not respond to tapping. Please advise?

Ratel10mm
06-29-2005, 10:50 AM
:cry: :cry: Please help! my screen has suddenly stopped responding to stylus input! I've tried a hard reset, hoping it was software issues, but on getting the stylus set-up screen it's still not responding. So now I have a defunt PPC! 8O
I'm noticing a bit of a rainbow effect on 2 areas of the screen. Have I broken it somehow? Can it be fixed, or is it a job for the experts?
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cry: :evil:

that_kid
06-29-2005, 02:20 PM
The touchscreen could be cracked or just gone bad. I have a few 5555's here where the touchscreens have given out as well so it looks to be common. There are a few places online who sell parts and/or repair the units. I believe that pocket pc techs can fix the unit. I've found other places who sell just the parts and the prices I was seeing for touchscreens was around $100.

Ratel10mm
06-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Cheers That_Kid. I'm afraid that you're right, but I cannot see any obvious damage, like cracks. Just these rainbow effect areas where it looks like there's pressure on the LCD. Is it worth taking the thing apart (it's over a year old, so no warranty to worry about) & seeing if there's anything I can do before splashing out on a new touch screen?