View Full Version : How will I ever choose which headset?

fivepetpalace
06-27-2005, 09:09 PM
OK,

I ordered my i730 today!!! and want to order a BT headset, but omg which one? There are so many to choose from, and many different vendors, and not much information on the headsets, not to mention the fact that all of the model numbers sound the same.

So far these appear to be the leading contenders:

Jabra BT800 (has caller id etc.)
Jabra BT 250

sony hbh-660, hbh-662, have no idea what the difference between these two is ? also there are many sony models w/out caller id that look sleek and light, like the hbh-600 or hbh-602.

I have the feeling that I'm going to end up trying a few before I decide which one I like.

Michael

Janak Parekh
06-28-2005, 02:29 AM
Yeah, picking a headset is hard. I've heard good things about the Jabra's in general. If you do a Google search you should be able to find reviews for a few of them. You can also try searching this site; we link to reviews on occasion.

Good luck.

--janak

Dave Gummersheimer
06-28-2005, 08:24 AM
I've got the BT800 and like it so far. I use it with my SX66 and like it but some times it's a little slow to hook-up with the Seimens but I blame that on the phone and not the headset. I had tried out a Iogear but had to return it for feedback on the receiving end (A high pitch squeel). Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. :devilboy:

martin_ayton
06-28-2005, 11:23 AM
I have the Jabra 250v and it works great. All failings in functionality are down to the poor implementation of Bluetooth on the PPCs (i.e. I can't use it to voice dial, just for conversations).

The one thing I would say about headsets is: try them on with your glasses (spectacles). If you don't wear glasses, try them with your favourite sunglasses. All 'over the ear' or 'behind the ear' headsets are going to interfere with your glasses arm in some way. This can get very uncomfortable and annoying on long journeys and some headset / glasses / head shape combinations are just incompatible.

Sven Johannsen
06-28-2005, 01:42 PM
I'm fairly happy with my Bluetrek G2, regardless of what i use it with. The other end tends to say they can't tell if I'm on it or just the cell phone. It's very light and works OK with sunglasses. The ear loop is actually held on a bit better when I have the glasses on the outside of it holding it on (in).

I guess the big physical difference I find is whether I have to reach up and push a button in towards my ear (G2) or push a button behind my ear forward (some Jabra models). I find in more natural and comfortable.

Caller ID sounds and looks neat, but it assumes you aren't wearing the thing and can get it on fairly quickly once you see who's calling. It has to add weight and size, for a feature that IMHO, is not that exciting.

P.S. Haven't looked, but you might ask this at Smartphone Thoughts. Lots of headphone users there. Of course if you think there are a lot of headphones, wait till you find out how many opinions there are ;)