View Full Version : Syncing

venge
06-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Need some help here, sorry for asking the Question again....

I currently have 2 Desktop CPU's and 1 Laptop that I want to have all synced together along with my PPC 6600.

ActiveSync only allow me to Sync to 2 systems. (correct) So my question is how can I get them all synced together. The one desktop had Bluetooth on it where the other CPU has the actusal Dock Station and of course the Laptop has BT as well for connecting.

Any help or calrification on what I need to do to get this scenario to work would be appreciated.

Overall Activesync 3.8 has been working for me.....

thanks in advance

Venge

npatang
06-24-2005, 10:12 PM
HI
This is for sure that you cannot sync more then 2 computers . As u already know that with pocket pc u cannot have more then 2 partnership.
If you try to sync with your 3 computer it will again prompt for the partnership on you 1 computer.

venge
06-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the Reply, any solutions....?

Possibly a different Syncing Software?

venge

Jason Dunn
06-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Honestly? Pay $6 a month and get a hosted Exchange account (http://www.4smartphone.net/affiliates.aspx?go=referal&ref=JD10726). It's the best way to keep PIM data in sync over multiple computers - you'll still have a problem with the file sync, but there are ways around that (www.foldershare.com). ActiveSync just wasn't designed for what you're doing, and in fact it's the Pocket PC itself that has the partnership limitation.

venge
06-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Actually if I had patience I will have an Exchange server setup at work. And all should be fine more or less that way. File sharing is not an issue with me for getting them around but more so for my Calendar events, and my Contacts. My contacts are very important to me. Very important to me. lol

Thanks again

Venge