View Full Version : HP Released ROM Upgrade For hx2000 Series

Ed Hansberry
06-23-2005, 09:00 PM
<a href="http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/download/22776.html">http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/download/22776.html</a><br /><br />Right now there is just the English download and it is 23.3MB in size. There are a ton of fixes and a few enhancements. It is for the hx2700, hx2400 and hx2100 devices. This will totally wipe the memory from your device and cause you to establish a new partnership with your PC. It is <i><b>strongly</b></i> recommended you do not restore from a pre-upgrade backup to get your data on the device. Just go through the exercise of reloading everything. I did that Tuesday with my PDA2K and the fairly recent 1.40 ROM. Just a <i>few</i> of the highlights include:<br /><br />•Fixes issue with CompactFlash (CF) Modem connection and dropped connections. <br />•Fixes issue where CF slot continuously powers the GSM/GPRS CF Card. <br />•Fixes some instances of the issue indicated by the "BTTracyCE.exe" error message. <br />•Fixes issue where Secure Digital Input/Output (SDIO) cards may not be recognized or may drop the connection. <br />•Fixes intermittent issue where handheld will not Power On and requires a soft reset. <br />•Fixes issue where the user interface for the handheld would indicate that the user was connected to a network that was not present. <br />•Fixes issue where Pocket Internet Explorer would stall and fail to load a page if the HTTP post was larger than 16K. <br />•Fixes issue with an active modem connection where the handheld was unable to re-establish a connection after the USB cable was unplugged. <br />•Fixes issue with cached pages where a back/forward navigation would not be sent to the Internet. <br />•Provides an improved Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer. <br />•Provides an improved Microsoft Windows Media Player. <i>(Windows Media Player 10?)</i><br />•Enables more than one Settings application to be active at the same time. <br />•Adds a new data connectivity icon to the Title bar. <i>(If this is the same thing that is in my new PDA2K ROM, it is cool, but my title bar has increasingly little space for third party apps to put icons up there.)</i><br />•Improves ServerSync application stability.

lorettaboy
06-23-2005, 09:54 PM
I guess the wait is now over. Too bad I just sold my hx2750....I was tired of waiting months and months for the rom update. Hope it fixes the problems I and other users were having. Better late than never, I guess?

Myrddin
06-24-2005, 12:15 AM
I just installed this.. much better all around. System is more responsive and HP Protect Tools is much much more reliable it appears. WMP10 is also present! :D

stburch
06-24-2005, 06:29 AM
The improved IE is a good thing as I Can log on to my bank

MarcFou
06-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know the specific changes to IE?

Also "Adds a new data connectivity icon to the Title bar" I dont see the icon. How do I display it? ANyone have a screenshot or more info?

TIA :D

Myrddin
06-25-2005, 12:37 AM

Also "Adds a new data connectivity icon to the Title bar" I dont see the icon. How do I display it? ANyone have a screenshot or more info?

I don't think its new, it's just a new icon... I think its the icon in place of the two little arrows that used to represent connectivity. It sort of looks like a little tower.

MarcFou
06-25-2005, 12:40 AM

I don't think its new, it's just a new icon... I think its the icon in place of the two little arrows that used to represent connectivity. It sort of looks like a little tower.

Thanks. I think your right. I'm wondering what the changes are to IE though. Rendering improvements? I cant find a detailed changelog any where. Thanks again for the reply.