View Full Version : VPN with PPC - Help please

martin_ayton
06-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Now, on my notebook, I get an internet connection going, click on the VPN icon, up comes the login dialogue, I fill it in and Bob's your mother's brother.

No such icon on my Xda2s :?

I would really like to be able to connect to my work network, with the intention of running ActiveSync with our Exchange server so I can send and receive work emails and update my calendar. Our VPN uses what is built into XP with no additional software. If I don't get this working I may have to resort to the clunky (and expensive) email 'push' software offered by O2 and I simply do not want to be that easy to reach 24/7.

Can any of you clever types give me a step-by-step guide, or point me at one which already exists?

TIA

martin_ayton
06-22-2005, 04:47 PM
OK - I found the relevant help files on my PPC (why, oh why, is Help so hard to search and navigate? :evil: ). I think I set everything up OK; I got an internet connection going, clicked on connect on 'My VPN,' up came a 'connecting to 12.34.567.890 ' dialogue and then... nothing. I tried to run ActiveSync but no dice. (Actually, I think my ActiveSync to Exchange Server config is wrong - I'm working on that). How do I tell if the VPN connection is really established (without 'phoning my network guys and asking them)?