View Full Version : Destinator software

goaliemanpat
06-20-2005, 02:56 PM
I was thinking of getting a GPS/Software bundle from BuyGPSNow.com. The software thats included in the bundle im looking at is called Destinator. Was wondering if any of you guys do/had have this software and what are your thoughts. Thanks.

Paragon
06-20-2005, 11:20 PM
I don't think Destinator have put out a new version for over a year. Personally I think I would look at a bundle that has OnCourse, iGuidance, Tom Tom, or something that has more recent versions, including more up to date maps.

Dave

goaliemanpat
06-21-2005, 01:54 AM
Thank you for your reply Paragon. I actually heard the same thing about Destinator from a couple others. Havnt looked into iGuidance at all so thank you for the recommendation and Ill look into it.

Paragon
06-21-2005, 02:33 AM
Thank you for your reply Paragon...................... Havnt looked into iGuidance at all so thank you for the recommendation and Ill look into it.

I did a review of iGuidance if you are interested.

http://smartmobileassets.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?,v=display,b=news,m=1115170358

goaliemanpat
06-22-2005, 05:24 AM
Thanks again Paragon. Read more on iGuidance and decided to go with it. Ordered the software and a Globalsat BT-338

Paragon
06-22-2005, 02:22 PM
I just received the Globalsat BT338 a week or so ago. It is an excellent receiver. The new SIRF III chipset is much more sensitive than earlier hardware. I can pickup satellites at my desk in our familyroom in the basement of our house. 8)

Good luck with it. I think you will enjoy using the combo.

Dave

Frosty Vibe
06-26-2005, 11:21 PM
I like iGuidance V2.1 as well... but if you don't have much need for 3D navigation, I'd recommend Mapopolis.

Mapopolis is a much leaner appplication ( mainly because of its plain interface ).

Great coverage in Canada as well ( probably not very relavent to you )

BTW, I'd take a look at Holux GR236 for GPS unit as well.