View Full Version : Screwed

martin_ayton
06-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Those of you familiar with the O2Xda2s (aka HTC Blue Angel etc.) will know that it has two screws visible on the casing - one on each side, near the top. To put it another way, one is next to the stylus dock and the other right above the record button. On my device, these things keep working loose. I have now managed to get the right sized 'star' driver to tighten them, but in the process I have lost one :oops: . Does anyone know where, in the UK, I can get one of these tiny, countersink head, screws? I have tried local model shops in vain. I really don't want to send this thing away for repair for a couple of weeks for the sake of one, small screw.

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can give :) .

urologyhealth
06-20-2005, 03:35 PM
Why don't you contact PPC TECHS who take these apart and do repairs and upgrades--they might be very helpful.

http://www.pocketpctechs.com/

Hope this helps

martin_ayton
06-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks. I have looked at their website, but I can't find what I need listed. I have also called them up, but can't get past the automated system.

I really need a UK-based version of PPC Techs. Does anyone here know of one?

urologyhealth
06-20-2005, 04:00 PM
EMAIL THEM--they are very responsive and perhaps they can mail them to you.

Darius Wey
06-20-2005, 04:16 PM
I really need a UK-based version of PPC Techs. Does anyone here know of one?

Pocket PC Techs is US-based, but they have worldwide resellers. The UK's is Expansys. (http://www.expansys.com/) Try contacting Pocket PC Techs, who may or may not ask you to get it repaired through Expansys. Sometimes, you may be able to work through Pocket PC Techs directly, without having to worry about the reseller.

martin_ayton
06-20-2005, 05:27 PM
I have emailed PPC Techs. Thanks.

Does anyone else with a Blue Angel have this problem (i.e. loose casing screws)? Mine seem to be driven loose by sliding the keyboard in and out. I'm a little loathe to use threadlock on the things because the holes are not blind: I don't want that stuff running / getting squeezed into places it shouldn't go.

Dave Gummersheimer
06-21-2005, 08:27 AM
I'd suggest using sparingly which you can get in various grades (red, blue, green). I would use the tip of a toothpick and be very careful. PocketPCTechs are a great bunch of guys that should be able to help you. Good luck and no, I haven't had any problems with my SX66 screws loosening up or an thing. Later.... 0X

A_C
06-22-2005, 09:24 PM
I have emailed PPC Techs. Thanks.

Does anyone else with a Blue Angel have this problem (i.e. loose casing screws)? Mine seem to be driven loose by sliding the keyboard in and out. I'm a little loathe to use threadlock on the things because the holes are not blind: I don't want that stuff running / getting squeezed into places it shouldn't go.

Hi mate, ive got the same PDA, but the Orange version, dont have any sort of problem, a good friend of mine has the same one as you, and yes his were loose too...Also he told me they're to adjust how tight the slide down KB is, is that correct?