View Full Version : Microsoft Voice Command - hot or what?

biglouis
06-18-2005, 02:54 PM
I keep noticing that MS Voice Command is at the top of the software apps list shown on the home page.

I have to admit to being one of the first to download the European release of the product but I also have to confess that I rarely use it.

Voice Command is a very cool product - in fact as software goes I think it is one of the coolest apps for the PPC yet. But the truth is, I don't use it so much as play around with it and demonstrate it to friends to show-off my PPC and its capabilities.

Are there any really serious users out there - or is the popularity of the product just a celebration of some damn fine software with great geek-appeal?

LouisB

Xymus
06-18-2005, 05:29 PM
I use it mainly to control Windows Media, but I use it anywhere! It's great in the car to chose an album or artist without being the least distracted. And while on foot, I use it everytime I'm to lazy to get the PPC out of its case to skip a song.

If you get used to all of its functions, it is the fastest way to lauch apps or media on the PPC

That sounded like an infomercial... :lol: but I really do love it. It's one of those rare applications that don't see the PPC as a small PC but a whole new system, I say that it should be integrated in WM!

It's also the reason I consider an iPod could never replace my PPC.

Darius Wey
06-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Note that Windows Mobile 5.0 supports integrated voice command functionality. At a vendor's discretion, it may be integrated in upcoming platform ROM upgrades and upcoming devices - so we may see the Voice Command technology being used more and more in the near future.

Personally, I've tried Voice Command before and love it. Pity there's no Australian version yet. :cry:

Phillip Dyson
06-18-2005, 06:22 PM
I would dare say that Phone Edition users probably use it more extensively then non-PE users.

I currently own VC but dont use it much at all. Perhaps bluetooth dialing would make it work while, but that would mean that I would need to wait for my two devices to establish a partnership. Which has its own annoyances.

dhpss
06-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Used it from the beginning but recently, I found it uses so much memory..Voice Cmd takes 2 or 3 MB in your RAM, and it is the reasons t
hat makes my PPC sluggish. :(

npatang
06-21-2005, 09:06 PM
I am very sad becaue bluetooth headset are notcompatible with the voice comamnd software as I am not able to use my bluetooth with this top mose software. :(