View Full Version : File Sharing Specifically on Pocket PCs

bhill
06-18-2005, 02:52 AM
Does anyone know of any good File Sharing applications for Pocket PC?

Goal: To share files on a Pocket PC so that I can connect from any other mac, pc or pocket pc on the same private network and grab files.

Much appreciated...Thanks!

Brian
[email protected]

ADBrown
06-18-2005, 08:52 AM
You can't share folders on a PocketPC in the standard network way. The PPC just isn't equipped as a server for it. You could use something like CardExport to make the memory card show up as a folder on the desktop, then share it from there. It would work, though the PPC would have to be tethered to the desktop.

bhill
06-19-2005, 07:01 AM
I assume you mean that the PPC has to be connected to the PC or Mac via a sync cable?

What about via Bluetooth? OR...better yet, why can't the Pocket PC be connected via Wifi over the same network segment as the PC and/or MAC.

Then would it be possible to use CardExport to share out the folder on the SD card on the PPC and connect to it via Wifi from any PC or Mac?

I'm just not sure why it would need to be physically connected (hardwired).

Thanks.

benmorris
06-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Will that allow for File Sharing via Network connection? i.e. WiFi

ADBrown
06-20-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that it has to be hardwired via USB, since that's the only way that the memory cards will show up as real drives.

Nurhisham Hussein
06-22-2005, 06:51 AM
Just tried it with card export active and activesync via bluetooth. It was a nice idea, but I'm sorry to say it doesn't work.