View Full Version : Socket WIFI card doesn't turn on with 2215

ironguy
06-16-2005, 09:46 PM
I haven't used my Socket WiFI card in a number of months. We were looking for a house, bought one, moved, and now I've set up my wireless network at home. I inserted theSocket SD WiFi card in last night and nothing happened. I realized that I had done a hard reset a few months ago so I reloaded the HP SDIO update, reloaded the newest socket drivers and companion software. I inserted the card and nothing, no light, no software.

What am I missing here? 8O

Darius Wey
06-17-2005, 02:24 AM
It happens on occasion, though a soft reset or two usually gets things rolling again. Have you given that a go?

doughboy
06-17-2005, 03:03 AM
Ironguy,

If you have the v1.10 ROM update you should not need the SDIO update; it is incorporated into the ROM update. Also, make sure to review the installation instructions from Socket's manual. I remember they are quite specific and mention problems can occur if they are not followed precisely.

Best Wishes.

ironguy
06-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the replies,
Yes, I've soft reset a number of times. What has me concerned is that the power light on the card doesn't come on. I could understand the software getting messed up if I didn't install properly, but the power dhould still come on. I guess I need to uninstall the sdio update as I have ROM 1.10. Maybe they're conflicting with each other.

Heck, maybe it's time for anothe hard reset. Now where is that backup program...

Sven Johannsen
06-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Heck, maybe it's time for anothe hard reset. Now where is that backup program...

Remember, if you have software conflicts, backup, hard reset, and restore, you are just going to restore the conflicts.

phs
06-23-2005, 06:25 AM
xxx. What has me concerned is that the power light on the card doesn't come on. I could understand the software getting messed up if I didn't install properly, but the power dhould still come on. I guess I need to uninstall the sdio update as I have ROM 1.10. Maybe they're conflicting with each other.

Same thing happened to my Ambicom SD Wi-Fi card. I dropped the Ambicom (not my 2210) once, and now the light doesn't come on anymore. It wasn't that bad a drop, probably from three feet high (I was sitted) on to the concrete floor. I'm surprised how fragile these things can be. Heck, my cheapo Meritline CF Wi-Fi has had a lot more abuse, but it continues to work. Just wish it didn't drain the battery so quickly.