View Full Version : need a PocketPC for testing

briforge
06-16-2005, 08:06 PM
I wasn't sure which board to put this on, this one or the developer one.

I'm a 'hobbyist' developer of PDA software. My first game was for the Palm platform (you can see it on my site if you're interested). I'm working on the next one, and I want to develop on both platforms. I'm a Palm user so I have a couple low-end palms to test on, but I don't have a PPC device at all.

The new game is running well on the PPC emulator and so I'm looking for a low-end PocketPC device running Windows Mobile 2002 to test on. Any suggestions? I was thinking of trying to get one off ebay.

Also, if anyone wants to test the game on their device, sorta be a beta tester, let me know. It's a port of a board game. I hope this doesn't violate any policies, my apologies if it does.

Fishie
06-17-2005, 01:50 AM
I wasn't sure which board to put this on, this one or the developer one.

I'm a 'hobbyist' developer of PDA software. My first game was for the Palm platform (you can see it on my site if you're interested). I'm working on the next one, and I want to develop on both platforms. I'm a Palm user so I have a couple low-end palms to test on, but I don't have a PPC device at all.

The new game is running well on the PPC emulator and so I'm looking for a low-end PocketPC device running Windows Mobile 2002 to test on. Any suggestions? I was thinking of trying to get one off ebay.

Also, if anyone wants to test the game on their device, sorta be a beta tester, let me know. It's a port of a board game. I hope this doesn't violate any policies, my apologies if it does.

You can get a Toshiba E310 for around 60$ on ebay.

briforge
06-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Much thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm bidding on one now.

briforge
06-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Can anyone recommend any other models? It would be nice to have a couple models I could be watching for. Thanks again.

jnev
07-29-2005, 12:53 AM
ipaq 3800/3900, jornada 568, casio e200, all the ppc's that came with either newer arm or older xscale cpu's.