View Full Version : Chronicles of Narnia in eBook format?

timcolling
06-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Does anyone know where I can purchase the seven C.S. Lewis books that Chronicles of Narnia collection in eBook format?

I tried eReader.com, my usual source for eBooks, but they don't have them there.

Thanks,
Tim

timcolling
06-19-2005, 02:13 AM
< bump >

Anyone have suggestions for my question? So far, all I've received is one private reply from someone offering to send me html files with the text, which would be (I believe) a copyright violation.

Thanks,
Tim

Dawatticus
07-01-2005, 10:56 AM
If you own the actual books and / or the Ebooks arent actually available then your not really doing any harm.

Plus C S Lewis is dead now, so would probably be happy that your just reading the books. AND again, if you do allready own the actual book your not harming anyone, especially since there seems to be no Ebook version.

juni
07-02-2005, 08:28 AM
I wanted to get these too so I can be prepared for when the movie comes out - alas, they don't exist (which is very strange - I can find almost any other classic).

OneAngryDwarf
07-17-2005, 02:58 AM
Copyright violation... yes... but look at it this way... the only way to drive these companies to release ebook copies of their books is for them to show a bit of missed revenue. Once enough people resort to less than legal copies of ebooks, the publishers will start providing legal copies. Lets just hope it happens before everybody gets used to getting free books like they did w/ music. The only industry who seems to be somewhat grasping the internet distribution concept is the movie industry which I doubt will ever see the problems that the music industry has endured.
Besides, if a friend offered to loan you the book, would you feel obliged to decline since you did not purchase it? Heck you can go to the library and get them for free.