View Full Version : Total battery discharge: non-dismissed Reminder

terrypin
06-15-2005, 07:21 PM
A year or so ago I recall reading in the forums about this happening to others, but I think today was the first time it bit me. On returning to my cradled iPAQ 2210 today, it was OFF, and nothing would get it back. I fiddled around, removed and replaced battery, switched from cradle to 'direct' charger connection, fiddled and cursed some more, and somehow it started up again. Had to restore of course, but I had my latest Sprite backup on CF card so that was easy enough.

One immediate puzzle is how this can happen while PPC is cradled, and hence getting AC power? I suspect it's the same reason I sometimes see 'Not Connected', when PPC is in cradle, i.e. some sort of faulty connection or some confused software.

Anyway, when I finally got started, up popped the obvious cause of the discharge: a non-dismissed Reminder (from SPB Pocket Plus). I'd gone out earlier than planned (without PPC) to a dentist appointment, and so hadn't been around when the reminder came up.

But that is supposed to be prevented by the WM2003 Power settings. Under 'On Battery Power' I have checked the option 'Turn Off Device if not used for' = 3 mins.

Also, in Pocket Plus settings for Repeating Alarms, I have 'Stop when battery' = 10%

So, with both restrictions in place, can anyone suggest why the battery still discharged please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.