View Full Version : Hmmmm... I'm stuck--Minisync unrecognized error? help!?

rdaprix
06-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Guys:

I have the HTC Blue angel--love it. I just got a new minisync. Now, I have an older minisync I use and I love it.

But for some reason, when I plug this one in I get an error message. "USB device not recognized"

This is really bizarre since the other one works just fine. It will charge (if your power is sufficient) but it will not connect to Activesync.

When I go to Device Manager I don't see a flag, but on my other PC (I dock to two) I get a message under USB devices in the hardware manager under USB devices that says "Unknown Device"

I know there's no driver for this thing. what could be wrong? any one else have this problem? Any one else know how to solve it? How could a cradle substitute be unrecognized?

I confess, I'm at a loss. Would appreciate any guidance.

Janak Parekh
06-15-2005, 02:23 AM
There is a USB driver -- it's installed as part of the ActiveSync install.

If another cable works on that machine, and the new minisync doesn't work on any machine, it's possible it's defective. :(

(Clarification question: the new minisync cable is identical in specs to the old one, right?)

--janak

rdaprix
06-15-2005, 04:05 AM
There is a USB driver -- it's installed as part of the ActiveSync install.

If another cable works on that machine, and the new minisync doesn't work on any machine, it's possible it's defective. :(

(Clarification question: the new minisync cable is identical in specs to the old one, right?)

--janak

Yeah--it's identical. I can't figure this one out. I've e-mailed Boxwave twice with no reply--they suck, and there is no customer service phone number. I'm getting angry with these guys. If I don't hear back from them tomorrow I'll be posting with warnings not to do business with them.

I hate to reinstall activesync--don't want to lose my partnerships (I have multiple pocket pcs and multiple laptops), plus I don't think that would fix it.

It charges, just no sync.

Janak Parekh
06-15-2005, 04:07 AM
I hate to reinstall activesync--don't want to lose my partnerships (I have multiple pocket pcs and multiple laptops), plus I don't think that would fix it.
Yeah, I doubt it -- if the device is not getting recognized, that's generally at the sub-driver level.

Good luck. Generally, I give a company 1-2 business days to see if they reply.

--janak