View Full Version : Problem connecting to host via TCP cradle connection.

golsen
06-14-2005, 07:00 PM
I need to let an application on the Pocket PC connect to my app running on the host computer. I am currently doing this using the passthru TCP connection, but am running into some issues with an IT administrated firewall settings.

I would like to be able to connect to the host using 127.0.0.1, but that does not work (probably because it assumes I mean to connect to the pocket pc).

Does anyone know how to get this to work, or know about a lower level way to send data back and forth bypassing the TCP passthru all together?

GSmith
06-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Try using PPP_PEER as the hostname. That *should* be the hostname of the Desktop when the Pocket PC is connected to the Desktop using ActiveSync.

This is not (quite) the same as TCP passthrough since I believe the connection to PPP_PEER is available even when TCP passthrough is disabled.

You *might* be able to use the IP address of the hosts internet connection (or loopback address).

Just a few guesses to hopefully help you get a little further.

golsen
06-15-2005, 05:07 AM
Thankyou for the quick response. I think that (ppp_peer) was what I was looking for. It worked in my initial tests and I will check with the customer tomorrow.