View Full Version : trying out fitaly

twmiller
06-14-2005, 03:56 PM
I am trying out fitaly at this time (30 day trial period).

what is the positives and negatives with the product?

Who is using it?

Any advice on other data entry options that work good (I already have CalliGrapher)?

Thanks!

Janak Parekh
06-14-2005, 05:25 PM
It has a fairly steep learning curve (i.e., your hands tend to automatically go towards the QWERTY layout, and you have to relearn it), but once you master it it's certainly one of the quickest ways to enter data in a Pocket PC. :) It's my preferred method; I don't use any of the others much anymore.

--janak

jpf
06-15-2005, 01:18 AM
I haven't gone into this in any great depth but my impression of the latest vga version was that it installed a lot of unnecessary stuff (mainly graphics for the layouts) in the windows directory. It seemed especially messy and I don't see why a subdirectory couldn't be used. There also seemed to be far too many layouts, possibly for different languages, (I don't know). I would've preferred a language/layout specific install option.
Apart from resource hungry, it seemed fine though.
I would consider Wordlogic http://www.wordlogic.com now that there is a vga version in beta, but this might not be what you're looking for at all. A bit hefty on price too and they've let it sit for several years so it's doubtful that there'll be any developments once the release version is out. I prefer products that are actively updated.