View Full Version : Axim X50v Extended Battery w/ OEM Slip Case?

implexant
06-13-2005, 06:11 AM
Just ordered and received a Dell Axim X50v. I just ordered the standard package, no extra cards, batteries, or such.

I ordered knowing that the battery life would suck, and sure enough it does. So I'm looking at getting the 2200 mAh battery from mugen w/ the new door cover.

So my only question is: can I use the new extended battery with my OEM slip case that shipped with the X50v? Mugen says that the battery adds 3/8" to the thickness. That would be a tight fit I'd think. I took some small index cards 3/8" thick, and put them in the slip case with the X50v and it was purty darned thick.

I really don't want to spend $100 between a new case and a new battery, so wondering if anyone uses it this way (w/ extended battery and OEM slip case) and if so, how it works out...

For now I'm just going to order a SD card and some screen protectors. I'll use the Axim a bit long (another month or so) with the standard battery to see how she lasts on a typical day.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

TIA,

-Chris

Sven Johannsen
06-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Haven't done it, but I don't think you'll have a problem with the OEM case. The sides are elastic. I'm sure Dell took the extended battery in consideration when they supplied the case. Mugan's isn't any bigger than Dell's extended battery.

implexant
06-14-2005, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the input!

That answers my question :)

Now I just need to wait for aximcases.com's stock of the 2200 mAh batteries to get in. They have the best price @ $49.95

Thanks again,

-Chris

Don't Panic!
06-14-2005, 10:51 PM
I used to carry my Extended battery X50v that way or naked until the Sena / Piel-Frama Extended battery cases came out. The slipcase worked fine but I like not having to remove my device from the case to use it.

implexant
06-15-2005, 01:44 AM
I used to carry my Extended battery X50v that way or naked until the Sena / Piel-Frama Extended battery cases came out. The slipcase worked fine but I like not having to remove my device from the case to use it.
I might invest in a Sena case later on. It's just that I just dumped $400 into a PDA, plus I'm going to spend another $30 + $11 on a SD card and screen protector

That Sena with the belt clip looks VERY attractive. Maybe I'll hold off on the SD card and extended battery to get it :)

-Chris

Sven Johannsen
06-15-2005, 02:38 AM
That Sena with the belt clip looks VERY attractive. Maybe I'll hold off on the SD card and extended battery to get it :)

Uh-the Sena case that holds the extended battery is different than the one that doesn't. if you forgo the battery to get the case, you should get the case that doesn't fit the battery. That means if you later get the battery that case won't fit. I'd get the battery first and use the slip untill you inherit some money for the appropriate case.

implexant
06-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Uh-the Sena case that holds the extended battery is different than the one that doesn't. if you forgo the battery to get the case, you should get the case that doesn't fit the battery. That means if you later get the battery that case won't fit. I'd get the battery first and use the slip untill you inherit some money for the appropriate case.
Good catch. Looks like I just save up and buy both at the same time.

Thanks for the help!

-Chris