View Full Version : Problem using eReader

lamirona
06-13-2005, 05:45 AM
Hello,

I just purchased a used ipaq (1900 series) and installed eReader, Mobipocket and Microsoft Reader. Mobi works fine, but when I open eReader it shows no books even though I put 3 on it. Is there some process I'm not understanding?

Thanks.

Lamirona

Jereboam
06-13-2005, 10:46 AM
They should be in a directory called Peanut Press inside My Documents. Anywhere else and eReader won't see them...

Welcome to the strange world of Pocket PCs.

J'bm

Possum Roadkill
06-14-2005, 07:44 AM
I have my books stored on an SD card in /PALM/books/, the default location where the books were stored while I was reading from a Tungsten T3 and they work from there too.

lamirona
06-15-2005, 12:55 AM
Edited: Okay, now it's there! I took the card out and suddenly a book magically appeared on the bookshelf. :wink: ????? And it wasn't the book that I put on the card! Oh well, whatever works. Thank you both for the help.

So why did you switch? Or do you use both Pocket PC and Palm? I have a T3 and have been a Palm user for years-I bought the ipaq from a friend who never used it, mostly out of curiosity.

lamirona

I put an ebook on the pda in the My Documents folder but when I open eReader it still has nothing in the llibrary. I've put different Palm ebooks in every different directory that seems appropriate.
mobile device/my pocket pc/my documents/peanut press
mobile device/my pocket pc/ebooks
mobile device/my pocket pc/program files/peanut press
mobile device/my pocket pc/storage card/ebooks
mobile device/my pocket pc/storage card/palm

I put a different book in each of those directories so that if it showed up on the ipaq, I'd know which was the right place for them. So far, still no luck.

Janak Parekh
06-15-2005, 02:30 AM
mobile device/my pocket pc/my documents/peanut press
This should work, but make sure you have the capitalization right. (Not sure if it matters, but Peanut Press is the capitalization.) eReader will also find stuff in Mobile Device/My Pocket PC/Storage Card/My Documents/Peanut Press if you prefer.

Alternatively, if you run the eReader installer, there's an option to copy ebooks using it. That will put it in the right folder, and then you can just make sure to dump more ebooks in that folder.

Finally, maybe eReader got confused. Make sure to exit it and restart it. (If you haven't installed a task manager of some sort, realize that the X in the upper-right doesn't actually shut down the program, it actually just minimizes it. Yeah, crazy, I know. :roll: The Memory applet in Control Panel is a surefire way to kill a program, or a task manager application will do the trick as well.)

--janak