View Full Version : ActiveSync disconnects after a few seconds

Sanjoo
06-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Hello everybody,

my PPC seems to have a small problem since yesterday: ActiveSync disconnects after a few seconds. :cry:

That's really strange and happens with the same PPC on two PCs, where it used to work a day ago. :roll:

Is there anything I can reset on the PPC? :idea: Or can I delete any config-files on the PPC to reset ActiveSync? I already soft-reseted the PPC.

Thank you!

caubeck
06-13-2005, 07:15 AM
When that happened to me I discovered it was the sync cable. Weird things happen when the cable is broken. It might charge the PC yet the PC forgets it has ever seen my device before. Or vice versa. Sometimes it would sync for a few seconds and then stop.

Sanjoo
06-14-2005, 08:29 AM
When that happened to me I discovered it was the sync cable. Weird things happen when the cable is broken. It might charge the PC yet the PC forgets it has ever seen my device before. Or vice versa. Sometimes it would sync for a few seconds and then stop.

That's not the problem: I used 2 sync cables on 2 different PCs.

Now I deinstalled ActiveSync on my PC, deleted every registry entry, rebooted the PC and installed ActiveSync again - with the same effect.

So I believe my PPC has a problem.

The sync ist starting, ActiveSync is telling me that it's searching for changes, and a second later the ppc stops the sync process (I can her the sync end sound). ActiveSync on the PC is still waiting for an answer from the PPC for about 10 seconds.

When I connect my PPC as a guest, everything works. I can copy files to the PPC and so on.

BUT I CAN'T SYNC WITH MY OUTLOOK.

Perhaps somebody knows help?

I really don't want to hard reset my PPC.

THANKS!

socrates63
06-15-2005, 06:55 AM
When I connect my PPC as a guest, everything works. I can copy files to the PPC and so on.
Have you tried deleting the existing partnership and creating a new one?

Sanjoo
06-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Have you tried deleting the existing partnership and creating a new one?

Yes, several times.... same effect....

Another idea?

Is it possible to reinstall ActiveSync somehow on the PPC? Or to reset something on the PPC?

Thanks!

caubeck
06-15-2005, 07:56 AM
What about updating (or downdating) ActiveSync?

Sanjoo
06-15-2005, 07:59 AM
Maybe it's the socket on your device?

The cradle? (hardware) No... I tried a sync cable, too, even on another PC. It seems to be a software problem...

One more idea?

caubeck
06-15-2005, 08:03 AM

Sanjoo
06-15-2005, 08:07 AM

Reinstalled 3.8 and installed 4.0 yesterday, same effect.

Another idea? INPUT!!

caubeck
06-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Supposing you made a backup copy, can't you just hard reset? I keep backup copies from different periods in folders with dates. I can hard reset to five or six different stages in my PDA's evolution. If you have an old backup copy somewhere you could try it.

Sanjoo
06-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Supposing you made a backup copy, can't you just hard reset? I keep backup copies from different periods in folders with dates. I can hard reset to five or six different stages in my PDA's evolution. If you have an old backup copy somewhere you could try it.

Hm... I only have one backup.

I hard reseted yesterday. Than it worked in the default configuration.

I restored my backup, same problem again.

I really don't want to reinstall every single application.

HELP.....

When I run ActiveSync on the PPC, then ActiveSync tells me, there's been an error. Klicking on the error, I get the message, that I should check my Proxy settings or the settings for data transfer.

I believe that's not really a hint, because I'm using an USB connection. Can I configure these settings somewhere for USB connections?

THANKS A LOT!

caubeck
06-15-2005, 08:28 AM
How about boiling it in water for half an hour?

No, actually I have run out of ideas. I think you'll have to hard reset, it'll take less time than waiting for the answer to emerge in this thread.

Sanjoo
06-15-2005, 08:41 AM
How about boiling it in water for half an hour?

No, actually I have run out of ideas. I think you'll have to hard reset, it'll take less time than waiting for the answer to emerge in this thread.

OK, thanks.....

Hamsadeh
06-15-2005, 03:24 PM
if you have a firewall like Outpost , disable it . if Microsoft ActiveSync works properly , then change your firewall setting .

Andy Whiteford
06-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Have you installed or upgraded any apps lately or changed the way you synchronise. It seems to be a software conflict due to the way it works after a hard reset and it would appear to be a piece of software related to the partnership.

npatang
06-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Try to do the clean boot if there is any software conflicting with the activesync software we can see that.
If still the same thing uninstall the existing partnership and then create it again and if still the same thing reinstall the activesync software as I have also faced the same issue :lol: