View Full Version : HELP!!! activsync won't connect after installing XP SP2

tylosaurus
06-10-2005, 04:44 PM
I need some help. I know I'm a bit behind, but I just installed XP sp2 on my pc (XP home) and now activesync won't even find my ppc.

I had previsouly deleted the partnership on my pc, and need to connect and create a new one, so I can sync. however, when I plug it in, windows says unknown USB device, and activesync doesn't even find it when I click on get connected.

In the xp firewall, I have both the connection manager and activesync listed in the exeptions list.

Any Ideas?

jjb

peterg
06-10-2005, 05:53 PM
My first suggestion would be to re-install ActiveSync.

The installation of XP SP2 may have done something to the usb drivers for pocket pcs and re-installing ActiveSync may fix that.

ActiveSync 4.0 is available from Microsoft. I would download and install that or at minimum ActiveSync 3.8.

ctmagnus
06-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Actually, 3.8 is the latest available at the Microsoft site at the time of this writing. ;)

Patrick Y.
06-12-2005, 02:56 AM
Actually, 3.8 is the latest available at the Microsoft site at the time of this writing. ;)

ActiveSync 4.0 may not be officially announced, but the download is already available. I forgot which site is it, but I still have the installer file.