View Full Version : How many taps to enter an appointment?

surur
06-10-2005, 04:13 PM
While chatting to some palm users, the issue of number of taps to enter an appointment came up. To my horror I discovered in PI one cant just tap or select a space of time and add a basic appointment (just subject). I have never come across this limitation as I usually want to add at least 2 categories (business or personal plus one other category) so I have never tried this before.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this an actual limitation in PI, and is there any other WM PIM software than can do this?

Surur

BTW: This is something funny. DateBk 5 running on ppc.
http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?s=5dfc99b274ca7248d7c151557a48cfa2&showtopic=51944

whydidnt
06-10-2005, 06:59 PM
I am not aware of a WM app that allows you to directly enter the subject details at a specified appt. time, like Palm does. The problem with the "single tap" Palm solution is that it only works if you want the appointment to be set for the default length of time. I requires a 2nd tap to access the window to set how long the appointment is.

I don't know about you, but most of my appointments aren't for exactly one hour at a time. In the default WM calendar it's one click "new" enter the details, and one click OK to save. Hardly much of a difference in real world use.

My most recent experience with Palm is with the UX-50, so there may be calendar changes since I played with it last to add flexibility to the new appointment app. I was using KeySuite when using the UX-50 since I wanted to add categories, etc to my appointments.

surur
06-10-2005, 09:46 PM
I was playing around in PI, and you can actually select a time range, but you cant then do anything directly with it (although when you tap and hold you can do everything). Its funny that there is no default action however.

Surur

ipaq_wannabe
06-11-2005, 12:49 AM
BTW: This is something funny. DateBk 5 running on ppc.
http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?s=5dfc99b274ca7248d7c151557a48cfa2&showtopic=51944

yes, it is an emulator for Palm apps for the PPC - and according to some users, though it does not support conduits, etc., it does ran most of the stand-alone Palm apps out there...

when i tested it however, it unfortunately creates a random HotSync ID (due to licensing reasons it may seem) - which thus, i have to contact the developers to give me a new license/serial key...