View Full Version : Connecting Sony digicam to PPC: why doesn't it work (any experts out here?)

zeeforel
06-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Hi to you all,

I know my topic was already sort of discussed mutiple times but I really need some current expert advice on this. So please...

I just did a hard reset and the usb-sticks are working again when connected to my Asus 703W (I accidentely removed some essential files / registry settings).

However what I really needed was my card reader (for SD and especially MemoryStick) to work or alternatively my Sony W-12 Digicam. As for the card reader: I see it's light flashing once, then nothing happens in the file explorer (I waited a long time...). As for the Digicam I get the "infamous" messagebox asking for the name of the driver to install, but I do not know what to do!

Do you have any idea how to get either the card reader (Apacer) or the Digicam to work? Oddly enough my register now shows the complete list again of the needed .dll files:
+usbhid
+usbmsc
+usbdisk6

but I - cannot - find these files anywhere on the Asus 730w. They must be somewhere for the usb-sticks to work, or am I wrong?

Any register or other trick to have my PPC read a MemoryStick?

Many thanks in advance.

Marcel

Menneisyys
06-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Discussion continued at http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118737