View Full Version : How do you clean the windows MESSAGING folder

buzzard
06-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Does anyone have any idea of how to clean out this @#%$ messaging folder ? My understanding of this folder is that it contains the body or text of an email. The problem I have is I may have one email in my inbox but still have 1mg of 30 different messages in that folder. My expert :lol: analysis is that the folder messages do not get deleted just because I delete an email. Is there some program that deletes these messaging critters ? Is there a messaging MemMaid ?

When I have been bold enough to just delete everything in the folder, I am momentarily in la la land. Then I synch with Outlook and all my PC's inbox email gets deleted !!! Well, I've started to trick Activesync by first deleting everything in the messaging folder, then taking all of my PC's inbox email and move them to a temporary folder and then sync. That deletes nothing in the inbox because there's nothing in there. Then I move all the email back to the inbox and sync a second time, the inbox gets copied over to the PPC and the messaging folder is all good again :D

It seems as though there ought to be some way to keep this folder matched to the inbox, but apparently, after all these years, it cannot be done. Say it ain't so !!!

PocketPC Addict
06-10-2005, 02:43 PM
I've noticed this too. What you might want to try is turning off keeping "sent" items if you have that checked. I have a couple of email inboxes pop/imap etc. so I don't risk deleting any of the messaging folder. Instead I use it to push me to keep my inbox's clean. :lol: