View Full Version : Upgrade Axim X5 to WM2003

magoh9494
06-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Dell tech support told me they don't have CDs left over to help me upgrade my Axim X5 from PPC 2002 to WM2003. Is there any other way I could get my X5 upgraded? Thanks!

PPCRules
06-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Did they tell you if it was okay to get a copy of the CD from someone? That would be one way. Many here could help with that.

Otherwise, there might be someone who no longer uses their X5 who could sell their upgrade disk to you. That would be completely legit.

Interesting topic. Comparable to an out-of-print book or a magazine article with back issues no longer available.

Darius Wey
06-09-2005, 03:54 AM
eBay? Just watch out for the not-so-legit offerings. That place is riddled with them. :(

magoh9494
06-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Yes, they did mention that I could get a CD from elsewhere and use it...You mention people here on the forum could help. I would be grateful to them if they could e-mail me at [email protected]

Also, since I'm a relative novice, how would I know if a copy of WM2003 on ebay in legit?

Many thanks!

jlp
06-10-2005, 09:59 PM
I have a similar problem: I bought my X5 just before the WM03 upgrade was available. Then later I got an exchange device because the digitizer was wearing out. And it's loaded with WM03. I wasn't asked to send the older device so I kept it as a backup.

Good thing I did because now the warranty is over and my newer unit's digitizer is getting worse than the first one. So I'll have to revert back to the first device, until I can afford an all new device.

But since many of my programs are for WM03, I need to upgrade to this OS first.

So I'd be very thankful if someone could send me for example an ISO file of the upgrade CD by email.

PM me for my email and thanks a lot in advance.

:D

jb24
06-10-2005, 11:47 PM
ya, same thing here, can some 1 pm me if they have it PLEASE

jlp
06-19-2005, 12:36 AM
URGENT !!!

This morning my X5 died on me; battery was just recharged, only used it a couple of time since last charge. And alarm went off, 5 minutes later I tried to turn it on as usual and it was dead!!

I tried every button: nothing; inserting and removing CF and SD cards: nothing; re-recharged the battery (when connected to AC even without a battery connected the x5 does turn on, but here nothing with or without battery connected).

To make a long story short, I'm leaving tomorrow on a long trip and I need to flash my backup x5 with WM03 so I can restore my -very fortunately- up to date full backup!!

Remember the 11th commandment: "Thou shalt backup every day" (I must confess I don't do full backups every day, but I have daily PIM data backedup, sometimes even 2-3 times a day; today I had both PIM & full).

So please I need a WM03 disk image (ISO file) at the soonest before I leave for my trip tomorrow.

Nero and probably all CD burning software can save a CD image as an ISO file.

I use Nero and I made a step by step guide for it:

From Nero StartSmart choose Copy CD > in main Nero Express window click on More (bottom of window) > Save Tracks > Choose Drive (I have 2 drives) > Output file format > change to ISO (Note the path to where the file is written; change if desired) > Press GO, and that's it.

PM me and I'll give you my email address to send the ISO file to.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

:D