View Full Version : O2 XDA II Mini Camera issues

hansip
06-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Hi ... did anyone complain about O2 mini camera ? I think the quality is very poor the result of the picture is a bit blurrr .... anyone got a suggestion or solutions for this problems ? ....

Another thing is that has anyone try the new Xda II mini System ROM upgrade for English version (May 2005) ? Is there any + & - ?.

Thanks for the helps guysss ....

Darius Wey
06-08-2005, 03:19 AM
Hi ... did anyone complain about O2 mini camera ? I think the quality is very poor the result of the picture is a bit blurrr .... anyone got a suggestion or solutions for this problems ? ....

Reviews have shown that the integrated camera was never anything to drool over. The pictures were only of a standard quality, and often suffering from blurriness and occasional pixelation. It also depends on what sort of pictures you're taking. Don't expect it to be better than a normal camera for macro shots or night shots. Also, try to keep it still where possible.

MitchellO
06-08-2005, 05:35 AM
For what I use it for, just the odd snap when I don't have my digicam, it works great. Yes, a little blurry most of the time, but fine.

hey-zeus
06-13-2005, 11:54 PM
A couple of things I've noticed with the quality:
- You need lots of light when taking pictures.
- In low light conditions, you see little blue 'fuzzies' in dark areas which is the closest I can explain. These 'fuzzies' can be minimised with lots of light. I don't believe they show in the actual picture though.

For what you get (1.3 mega pixel images), the images are pretty good. I was reading an article, PPC mobile I think and it rated the i-mate jam as number 1 compared to a number of other camera phones.

I have heard (don't quote me) that the next o2 rom has a fix but reading the readme, there does not appear to be anything related to the new patch.

I am thinking of upgrading my o2 rom within the next few weeks. Just trying to get a spare moment when I can prep, backup, re-install, etc, so will see how it goes.

A_C
06-22-2005, 09:28 PM
A couple of things I've noticed with the quality:
- You need lots of light when taking pictures.
- In low light conditions, you see little blue 'fuzzies' in dark areas which is the closest I can explain. These 'fuzzies' can be minimised with lots of light. I don't believe they show in the actual picture though.

Yes, Zeus is correct, my imate jam was crap when it came to the camera, however my orange is even worse...

As for the little "fuzzies" its "Noise" because the lens is cheap...But then again its a PDA....The rx3715 has a nice inbuilt camera...

bnycastro
06-23-2005, 06:42 AM
The HTC Magician's 1.3MP camera is a very poor performer (compared to Nokia's 7610), still it is ok for doing MMS and taking quick snaps (not at night though) the camera patch released wasn't much of a help. Personally, I don't use the built-in camera as much as I used my N7610's camera.... I did get a Canon IXUS 50 last last week so that would really solve my photo needs. :D I think Cameras on Mobiles/PDAs still have alot more to go before being reliable (though I hear SE's K750i which is 2MP shoots very nice photos) they are however handy when needed...

suntzu88
06-24-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi the carmera can be blurry from my experience when it is
not using daylight mode. Other modes really require a lot of light
in the background

With regard to the upgrade, I have not tried it but I have friends
with the regular XDAII who have and it makes the resolution
brighter and clearer (though they have yet to see what else it does).

Remember to back everything up bec. any programs that are not part of the O2 will be erased