View Full Version : WEP business

xXAgentXx
06-06-2005, 05:29 AM
Hi I just registered and I work at a regular shopping center And i was woundering if they have any WEP cracker to test the streanth of the stores WEP encryption.

Other than that It wouldnt hurt to go on AIM as well.

Menneisyys
06-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Hi I just registered and I work at a regular shopping center And i was woundering if they have any WEP cracker to test the streanth of the stores WEP encryption.

Other than that It wouldnt hurt to go on AIM as well.

First, welcome on the board :)

There is a decent tutorial on using Kismet, one of the best WEP cracking tools, at http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article118.php. I really recommend it!

Please note that there're no WEP crackers for the PPC operating system. If you, however, have a Linux-based PDA, you will be able to run a variety of WEP cracker tools, incl. Kismet.

xXAgentXx
06-06-2005, 05:42 PM
ah thats good. this is great, I was on davesipaq.com and i posted stuff about breaking WEP keys and people started flipping out and the mods wanted to kick me out sending me PM's about if I continue to discuss that material I would be banned and whatnot.

Ill read up on this for a while but I really think i might just record them on pda and save them to the SD card and see if i can analyze them with a windows tool then.

Darius Wey
06-07-2005, 03:00 AM
ah thats good. this is great, I was on davesipaq.com and i posted stuff about breaking WEP keys and people started flipping out and the mods wanted to kick me out sending me PM's about if I continue to discuss that material I would be banned and whatnot.

Yeah, I don't like making assumptions too early. While it is a morally-questionable topic to discuss, there are legitimate uses for WEP cracking. For example, testing out the security of your own wireless network, which is what I think you had in mind.