View Full Version : HP 4700 or 2755 ??

Wildchild121007
06-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Im debating at the moment wether or not to get the HP 4700, or the 2755, theres no price difference.

Could u guys please give me some tips on wat to buy plz.. thanks.

applejosh
06-05-2005, 09:55 PM
What are you looking to do with your PPC? Do you need the added security of a fingerprint scanner? Do you play games where the touchpad might be a problem? Do you watch videos which might look good on a VGA screen? If you provide some details of what you're looking for in a PPC device, we will be able to answer that a little more intelligently.

Not knowing anything, I personally would say go for the 4700 with its VGA screen. I kind of regret not going with a VGA device on my last purchase. However, the touchpad really bothers me for some reason. My next device will probably be a Dell just because they're cheaper, and if I replace my device once a year or so, it only makes sense. But I'll have to see how the screen looks on a Dell before I do so.

Menneisyys
06-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Im debating at the moment wether or not to get the HP 4700, or the 2755, theres no price difference.

Could u guys please give me some tips on wat to buy plz.. thanks.

I can only repeat what applejosh said: it depends on if you need the advanced security features (including the fingerprint reader), the D-pad and the +64M RAM of the 2755 or not.

If you don't, go with the hx4700. It has an orders of magnitude better screen, which will be of advantage even at simple PIM work.

Wildchild121007
06-10-2005, 07:05 PM
I wouldnt use that finger print reader, im just a gadget freak whos buys new thinks when ive got some money.

I had a 4150, never had a problem with it, the only thing that was annoying was the battery life, - when i was downstairs using the internet on it, the battery was only lasting 45 min tops with WI-FI on. And the other thing about it was the speed it which the internet came through the machine, i would say it was about 125k sec, which compared to my 2mb line was really slow.

Ive just ordered the 4700 with a 6gb microdrive... Have i made the right choice??, And would the internet be quicker???

I would use the machine for movies, the odd games, and well anything really.. the main reason is when im sat in the back garden i can run my desktop screen through it, using mirc e.t.c so i dont have to sit up there.