View Full Version : Internet Connection over WiFi

the_doughboy
06-03-2005, 03:13 PM
I've tried for ages to try and get an Internet connection over Wifi. I can succefully reach local subnet IPs and webpages by DNS names, but I cannot get anything past the gateway, though the gateway is set correctly by DHCP and is pingable. And I've tried static and still no good. And I can use a desktop and it works fine.
I keep trying to figure out what the difference between My ISP and My Work Network, and it seems if I cahnge it to onething the wifi card disconnects and switches to the opposite.

I'm running Windows Mobile 2003 2nd Ed.

Sven Johannsen
06-04-2005, 03:24 AM
Typically to get the internet to work you need to set the connections to My Work Network, then go into the options for the work profile and set the "this network connects to the internet" on the proxy tab. Don't set a proxy, just check the box about connecting to the internet.

the_doughboy
06-07-2005, 01:08 PM
I didn't have that field checked for Work Settings, I now have it checked.
Now my settings are:
Under Connections for "My Work Network" I have This network connects to the Internet and under Network Management I have My Work Network Selected for both Internet and private.
And under Configure Network Adapters I have "My network card connects to:" Work

I also played with the proxy server setting by specifying a proxy server but I can't use the proxy server for most things.

martin_ayton
06-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Sorry to butt in here since I know just enough about WiFi to get myself into trouble... however: I had 6 months of frustrating failure to get an internet connection via my home wireless router and then I downloaded Hitchhiker (search for it in the forums, you'll turn up the threads pretty quickly). It did all the work and everything now connects up just fine. I don't know what it did, and I don't care - I just know that I now have a functioning internet connection where there was not one.