View Full Version : How do I re-skin WMP9?

martin_ayton
06-01-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm really embarrassed to be asking for help on this :oops: but I just cannot reskin WMP9 on my Xda2s. I have the 3 skins that came with the PPC (Portrait, Landscape and Square), plus u_Pod, but the only option I am ever offered in skin chooser is the Default Portrait skin. Currently the skins are in \Program Files\Windows Media Player, but I have also tried moving them to \Storage, but to no effect.

I tried Microsoft's stuff, but apart from offering some skins to download, it doesn't say where to put them. I read the help file on the PPC, but that just says to avoid putting the skins in the \Windows folder.

I'm stuck. I'm sure this is really basic but... Please help!

surur
06-01-2005, 05:40 PM
I have the same problem on my Loox 702. Any help would be appreciated.

Surur

Darius Wey
06-02-2005, 03:03 AM
The default Portrait, Landscape and Square skins which you copied from the \Program Files\Windows Media Player\ folder are actually shortcut files and should be moved back to that folder. When installing other skins, you should have them in a separate folder and have that folder in \Program Files\Windows Media Player\. So in the case of the u_Pod skin, the folder path should be \Program Files\Windows Media Player\u_Pod\ and then you should have the graphic files and SKN file in that path.

If it does not show in the Skin Chooser, it means the skin was not designed for it.

martin_ayton
06-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Thanks, Darius. I appreciate your help :)

I've now got the u_pod skin working - it turns out the one I downloaded from PDAGold was corrupt / incomplete (be warned!).

This is a great forum!