View Full Version : PocketPC Videos for $0.99?

wirelessdude
05-31-2005, 04:13 AM
Just wanted to share this site I found:

http://www.divx2go.com

They're doing a trial and selling Mr. Bean videos for only $0.99 during this period. I tried the sample on my rx3715 using Betaplayer and it played flawlessly. Quite entertaining to while away the time on my morning train rides to work :lol:

wirelessdude
06-03-2005, 06:37 PM
They've expanded their titles and they've got the season finale of Friends which is not yet available in my country - woohoo! Couldn't resist and bought episode 1 which I'm watching on my Ipaq now :D

ipaq_wannabe
06-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Just wanted to share this site I found:

http://www.divx2go.com

They're doing a trial and selling Mr. Bean videos for only $0.99 during this period. I tried the sample on my rx3715 using Betaplayer and it played flawlessly. Quite entertaining to while away the time on my morning train rides to work :lol:

nice thing to probably check out...

ipaq_wannabe
06-09-2005, 03:07 AM
i just tried Mysteries of Egypt and it was PERFECT!!!

its just like having Discovery Channel of your PPC...

btw, i have an Axim x50v - and because of the built-in graphic chip, it was a really GREAT experience (with BetaPlayer)...

and bec of the chip doing the work, i was able to reduce the CPU's load to only 104MHz (saving lots of juice)

emuelle1
06-09-2005, 11:50 AM
I'll check it out. I could care less for Mr. Bean and Friends, but if they expanded their titles since the last time I checked them, I'll go back.

surur
06-09-2005, 12:35 PM
How sure are we this thing is legal?

Quote from: wirelessdude on Yesterday at 17:37:48
I think it's very immature to stereotype people. And if you read the site properly, I think it's safe to assume that the reason they only have Mr. Bean videos is because that's the only title they have permission to re-create legally.

Stereotype? If it's the remark about popularity of Mr Bean is SE Asia and china you can look this up for yourself.

I was pretty amazed as I don't find Mr Bean funny at all (Im from the UK) but you will find parodies of his comic style in films such as the Mandarin and Cantonese versions of "Himalaya Singh" by Hong Kong director Wai Ka Fai..

If by stereotype you mean my remark about the use of glitzy "Customer Care" awards.. that have no trust or verification.. Well to be honest this is a pet hate of mine.. I would say the same of any bussiness that promotes it self in this fashion regardless of location in the world..

I am also always a little suspicious of paypal 'only' companies.. where ever they are.. Especially where their whole website consists of 2 web pages and no reference to a solid location in the world..

I also see 'Larry Lim' the holder of that domain has lost his previous one recently (funkyscan.com) from where he was selling his online photo hosting service.. That could mean anything.. It could just mean he is an online entrepreneur... It could mean he chooses easy to fail products......

However. Perhaps you are right and you do only have permission to sell snippets of MR bean.. I guess all bussinesses need to start up somewhere..

It just seems very unusual though that the media industry would allow such a method and mode of releasing their material...

I think "TigerAspect" may own or manage MR Bean media.. If they have given license for redistribution in this manner it may be the start of a new generation of movie sales techniques where you only pay an amount equal to the percentage reduction of screen size. a 25% reduced video at 160x160 only costs a quarter the cost of a DVD

Are there any other companies offering such insecure (non encrypted) forms of downloads for movies or TV media?

Now here is the fun stuff:

There was a guy also called "WirelessDude" back in 2002 promoting 'his own' website (on MyPDACafe forum) strangly also called "www.funkyscan.com".... He too was from Malay and might of even been on the Maxis network...

There has been quite a few other reincarnations under different names where a guy would come onto a forum and pretend he had just found a great website called "funkyscan.com" giving away free mms, txt email services or offering online photo publishing.... ... but I just can't help wondering if it was the website owner himself???

Not all stereotypes are wrong... Language would never work without stereotypes... neither would deductive reasoning..

Your are not Larry Lim by any chance are you ???..

And the website you just said you 'found' wouldn't belong to you would it??

Just asking... I wouldn't want to trip over any more stereotypes.

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:0YAfo7IUkNUJ:mytreo.net/forum/index.php%3Ftopic%3D11600.msg118142%3Btopicseen+salesasia+copyright&hl=en

Surur

Steven Cedrone
06-09-2005, 06:31 PM
The site in question seems to be down, so it's a moot point now! :wink: