View Full Version : Help with "Notification Error" ?

Shaun Stuart
05-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Can anyone help with this - I tried a trial software programme called safedisk but removed it because it didnt suit my needs. Now every time I turn my ppc on (imate Jam) i get the following notification error

"Cannot execute \storage card\InfoTecs Safedisk\sdmgr.exe"

I click OK and the notification goes away but I want it to stop.

I have checked that the programme is completely removed - there is no sign of it on my device and the folder it looks for on the storage card no longer exits.

I assume that it must be something in the registry - instructing the system to look for safedisk first - does anyone know how to fix this without doing a hard reset ?

Thanks

yankeejeep
05-28-2005, 08:44 PM
There are two places that are likely hiding places for unremoved start links. Use a file explorer and navigate to the Windows\StartUp folder, where you may very well find a shortcut file pointing to the app. The other place is where you suspect, and that is the registry. Almost any registry editor will allow you to search for entries with that app path in them.

I have found Resco File Explorer to be a vast improvement over the version included with the OS and the Resco Registry Editor is a very good app for searching your registry. Before working with your registry, it is always a good idea to have a current full backup handy, just in case.

Another good acquisition is an app like MemMaid which, in addition to other maintenance options, can search for items left behind by incomplete uninstalls, including registry entries.

Menneisyys
05-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Can anyone help with this - I tried a trial software programme called safedisk but removed it because it didnt suit my needs. Now every time I turn my ppc on (imate Jam) i get the following notification error

I have checked that the programme is completely removed - there is no sign of it on my device and the folder it looks for on the storage card no longer exits.

I assume that it must be something in the registry - instructing the system to look for safedisk first - does anyone know how to fix this without doing a hard reset ?

Thanks

Please read for example http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36471 and look for "sdmgr.exe".

Shaun Stuart
05-30-2005, 08:18 AM

Thanks

Please read for example http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36471 and look for "sdmgr.exe".

Thank you - this worked