View Full Version : I Miss My Toy!

piperpilot
05-26-2005, 06:32 PM
I think I have finally seen the utility of having more than one device. My beloved but aging H5455 iPAQ is in the capable hands of Pocket PC Techs to get its third replacement sync port, but I am going absolutely nuts without it. I sent it in on Tuesday and hope to have it back before the long weekend. I don't think I realized just how much I depend on it throughout the day for games, TV schedules, weather forecasts, Internet access, appointments and contacts. I was going to sell my little friend when I buy a new one, but now I'm thinking I will keep it as a back up. Not having it just makes me want to :cry:

Don't Panic!
05-26-2005, 07:05 PM
I feel your pain piperpilot. Just last Saturday my Dell Axim X50v died on me and I had to call for a replacement. It took four days for them to send me a replacement. I've still got a Casio E-125 but I just couldn't bring myself to juice it back up. No Wifi or bluetooth on that little beauty and no mips build of betaplayer to pass the time watching movies.

IF you can afford it definitely save your HP5455 when you get a new device. You'll be glad you did. I just wish I had gotten my Compaq iPaq 3975 or HP2215 repaired before I went down the Dell Axim trail. :(

Stephen Beesley
05-26-2005, 09:23 PM
I feel the pain of both of you!

As you will see if you read the thread referenced in my sig, I have recently been duped on ebay and as a result find myself without a Pocket PC for the first time in about 4 and half years. Even worse it is probably going to be a good couple of months before I can get back in the "game".

I have actually been toying with the idea of picking up a cheap "older" device on ebay in the meantime - something like a Jornada 568 (a device which I had an example of for about 2 years) and keeping hold of it even when I do buy a new toy - just in case....

piperpilot
05-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Stephen, I just read about your eBay travails. That totally sucks! And then to be left without a device. I would be absolutely beside myself. It doesn't look like I'm going to be getting my iPAQ back before the long weekend, so I guess I will have to get plenty of housework and yardwork done to distract me.

Stephen Beesley
05-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Stephen, I just read about your eBay travails. That totally sucks! And then to be left without a device. I would be absolutely beside myself. It doesn't look like I'm going to be getting my iPAQ back before the long weekend, so I guess I will have to get plenty of housework and yardwork done to distract me.

Yeh - pretty suckky alright!

What makes it worse is that I am just about to set off on the 24 hour journey back home to Perth in Western Australia (a home town I share with PPC Thoughts own Darius Wey - small world) and a nice shinny new Dell would have made the flight, not to mention the waiting in terminals, much easier. Oh well, as my signature says - at least I still have my Newtons!

I have just escalated the dispute into a claim through ebay so at least I should be getting back about half of the purchase price once ebay goes through its claim procedure. Hopefully I should be able to get back in the PPC business within the next month or two...

piperpilot
05-27-2005, 04:12 PM
I sent my iPAQ in for repair when I did because I will be leaving in a couple weeks for a trip to Norway and I couldn't stand to be without it during the trip. I use the iPAQ as my mp3 player, game machine and book reader, so the thought of going on a long plane trip without it is just too horrible to contemplate. I feel for you, believe me!

fostermom
05-31-2005, 04:18 AM
hope you get it soon i

piperpilot
05-31-2005, 12:49 PM
So do I. Not having it over the Memorial Day weekend was PAINFUL!