View Full Version : Inesoft Cash Organiser 05 Released

Jonathon Watkins
05-25-2005, 06:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.inesoft.com/eng/index.php?in=news' target='_blank'>http://www.inesoft.com/eng/index.php?in=news</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Our main goal in this upgrade was to anable automatic data synchronization with Intuit Quicken™, however synchronization with Microsoft Money® was significantly improved too. Cash Organizer '05 is available in two versions: Deluxe (stand alone financial manager) an Q&amp;M Companion (data synchronizer with Microsoft Money and Quicken is included). Version '05 supports all the possibilities of the Windows Mobile 2003 SE, fully compatible with VGA resolution and landscape mode. Many improvements make Cash Organizer more relieble, fast and convenient."</i><br /><br />The update to Inesoft Cash Organizer 2004 is free if you bought it after January the 1st and the cost of upgrading from any previous version before this date is US$14.95. So, who's tried it and how do you think it rates against the other finance packages available on the Pocket PC? Do you guys tend to use programs like this as standalone PPC apps, or do you regard them as portable entry systems for a PC package, i.e. what do you regard as the biggest advantage of this type of mobile application?

Clavain
05-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Hi,

C.O. is one of those rare breeds of software which is a joy to use and explore. I have already written about this product in another post on this site and don't wish to repeat myself, however I must say I think C.O. is a an exceptional piece of work.

Clavain

Jonathon Watkins
05-25-2005, 12:48 PM
From your post here. (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=344373&amp;highlight=#344373)

Consider the case of CalcNote from www.inesoft.com : it costs $4.95 and is a wonderful little thing. Does the job, simple and well. I tried it out and found when the trial period was over I couldn't live without it. Indeed the other product from inesoft illustrates my point as well; namely CashOrganizer. When I bought this a couple of years ago it cost $50 which was at the top end of my range for PPC software. However it is very practical, a real help to my day to day living and adds (for me at least) enormous value to my PPC. I use it every day. Not only that but I find it a rare breed of software in being a real joy to use and explore. Everyday I seem to find something new about it which pleases me. Couple this with the fact that I have been getting free upgrades since I purchased it, toss in the fact that it is super stable, works and works well and you have a piece of software which was worth every penny of the $50 I originally paid. (Today it costs alot less, I believe)

So, you like it then? :wink: Out of interest, id you try the others before you settled on C.O.?

after_forever
05-25-2005, 01:21 PM
I just installed Cash Organizer '05 Q&amp;M Companion on my unit two days ago. So far I like what I see. The interface is very nice and easy to understand. (Knocking on wood)
I have tried many times to get MS Money to sync with my PPC without any luck. Something would always get out of sync and I would spend hours fixing the problem.
I have also tried the Beta Mastersoft Money V6. I was never able to get the software installed on my Dell. Mastersoft didn’t offer any support to fix my problem so I keep looking for other solutions. CO looks like it is the answer I have been looking for.

markan
05-25-2005, 02:15 PM
From your post here. (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=344373&amp;highlight=#344373)

Out of interest, id you try the others before you settled on C.O.?

I'm also a long time CO user. I bought it as soon as they announced support for syncing with MS Money on the desktop. At that time and for maybe a couple of years until Spb released something last year they were, as far as I am aware, the only game in town. I have tried the Spb product since but I saw nothing to get me to switch and CO gives me a choice about which accounts I synchronise.

When someone sorts out the syncing of budgets and scheduled transactions then I might have a reason to re-evaluate, but until then CO does all I need and has been doing it consistently for a good while now.

WolfUK
05-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Coming from a Psion background Cash Organizer Delux was the closest thing that I would find to RMRBank which I had been using for years and had missed during my time as a Palm user. It is feature-rich and very capable and I have over three years worth of data across around 15 accounts in it. I don't synchronise the data with a desktop counterpart (I use a Mac at home so my choices are somewhat limited anyway) and I find it more that usable as a stand-alone application.

The only feature that I would like to see is a viewable archive where old transactions can be archived off into a read-only ledger which would mean that the number of active transactions I work with would be in the hundreds rather than thousands.

welovejesus
05-25-2005, 03:18 PM
I find Cash Organizer the best replacement for Micosoft Money, since it is a full-featured money manager with recurring bills/deposits, categories, budgets, reporting, etc.
Currently I am a CO 2004 Deluxe user (who qualifies for an free upgrade), who never got the synchronization with MS Money to work. Given CO's feature rich program, not synching is not a problem UNLESS one is trying to transfer the files to a new Windows Mobile OS version (aka Windows Mobile 5). Inesoft technical support said that even the back up/restore would not work when backing up and restoring across a Windows Mobile OS upgrade.
I don't mind using CO as a stand alone application, however, Inesoft needs to step forward and offer a back up/restore solution for those who will upgrade to Windows Mobile 5 when it comes out. For those of us who never got synching to work, synchronization is not a valid back up and restore option!
If Inesoft can't offer a solution, maybe Landware may offer a cross Windows Mobile OS data transfer solution with Pocket Quicken (http://www.landware.com/pocketquicken/ppc/index.html)?

CESkins
05-25-2005, 03:25 PM
I have been using CO for years now and the product only seems to keep getting better. It almost rivals its desktop counterpart with which I sync (MS Money) and the sync plug-in has only gotten better with this release. Personally, I find it to be the standard against which all others are judged and I have yet to see any reason to switch to another financial app given CO's extensive feature set and speed when dealing w/hundreds of transactions.

VanHlebar
05-25-2005, 03:29 PM
I have been using CO since I purchased my first PPC about 4 years ago. I love the application and I can't live without it. I have not used a desktop version of any money software since I purchased a ppc. The interface is very easy to use and the developer is open to ideas and suggestions from his users.

I begged for CO to come out with a today plugin and they did. The biggest issue with it at first was that they had a solid background on the plugin which looked very bad. Again I sent a number of emails to Kim and eventually they fixed the problem. :)

I have some new issues that I am going to bring up, but all and all, I love the software and I really enjoy the ability to setup recurring payments and then having those payments popup a few days before they are due on my today screen to remind me to make the payment. :D

-Eric

ianbennett
05-25-2005, 06:49 PM
I installed the 05 version a couple of days ago. For me it was a free upgrade, since I bought the 2004 version earlier this year (upgrade from previous version - I've been using this for years!)

I can only echo the previous comments - this really is the most (the only?) complete finance program for the PPC. I used to use Quicken on the desktop, but since discovering CO I have uninstalled it.

The only thing I would say is I have not found any new functionality in 05 compared to 2004. Presumably all the effort went into supporting WM2003SE and VGA. Since I have neither (iPaq 2210 user), this doesn't mean much to me! So, a word of warning - don't pay for the upgrade unless you need support for these features.

ignar
05-25-2005, 09:30 PM
I''m another CO fan who completely stopped using desktop Quicken or Money after I had found CO. Tried other financial apps for pocketPC, but nothing came close.

Johnny Hieber
05-26-2005, 02:30 AM
I am an accountant and also a long-term, satisfied user of CO, and also use it on my PDA exclusively. It was more expensive than others, but it has always been very complete and thorough.

I got tired of all the Quicken pop-up ad/nag and bugs, and uninstalled it years ago after changing to CO.

Direct credit card downloads and bank info might be handy, but I just couldn't accept Quicken's attitude.

CO does all of the core things that Quicken used to do so well, before they went public.

And I often have my bank account reconciled before I leave my truck after visiting the mailbox.

One thing that CO does that I was not able to determine that the other PDA Financial programs couid do is display check numbers as part of the basic checking account display.

ppchaser
05-26-2005, 01:39 PM
The only thing I would say is I have not found any new functionality in 05 compared to 2004. Presumably all the effort went into supporting WM2003SE and VGA.
The new CO syncronize with my Money data much faster but I am not sure whether the same happen in WM2003 device. It takes more than 15 minutes and now is less than 2 minutes to re-write all my Money accounts back to the device. It is worth even I have not discover other improvement yet.

Ummagumma
08-02-2006, 02:25 PM
I hope someone reading this thread can help..

I found no way to syncronize planning or budget to MS Money. This means that if I ever have to reset CO database, all hard work is gone. (I'm afraid restoring from backup &amp; then syncing will result in data duplication)

Second, Inesoft seems to have absolutely no support. Every email that I sent before buying the program was answered by the same person, every question that I had after buying was ignored and never answered - even when submitted via their support site. If I didn't like the program itself, I'd switch to competition. Which I may just do anyway if this trend continues.

CESkins
08-02-2006, 02:39 PM

I found no way to syncronize planning or budget to MS Money. This means that if I ever have to reset CO database, all hard work is gone. (I'm afraid restoring from backup &amp; then syncing will result in data duplication)
You can't syncronize budget and planning w/ MS Money w/ CO 2005. CO is very good about avoiding duplicates so the approach you outlined above right now is the only way to restore yor budget/planning data (i.e. backup and restore)

Second, Inesoft seems to have absolutely no support. Every email that I sent before buying the program was answered by the same person, every question that I had after buying was ignored and never answered - even when submitted via their support site. If I didn't like the program itself, I'd switch to competition. Which I may just do anyway if this trend continues.
I have always received an answer from them within 2 days.

Nurhisham Hussein
08-03-2006, 02:07 AM
CO is very good about avoiding duplicates so the approach you outlined above right now is the only way to restore yor budget/planning data (i.e. backup and restore)

I'll second this - I've never had a duplicate entry problem from a backup and restore with CO (unlike Activesync :roll: ).

Ummagumma
08-03-2006, 09:27 PM

You can't syncronize budget and planning w/ MS Money w/ CO 2005. CO is very good about avoiding duplicates so the approach you outlined above right now is the only way to restore yor budget/planning data (i.e. backup and restore)

I have always received an answer from them within 2 days.

Well, I've emailed them from 3 different email addresses and also left a support request on their site - not a single reply.

Hopefully they read this forum. :(

CESkins
08-04-2006, 03:37 AM
Well, I've emailed them from 3 different email addresses and also left a support request on their site - not a single reply.

Well if it is something we can help you with, please feel free to post here. Always happy to help out another PDA user. :D

Ummagumma
08-05-2006, 12:12 AM

Well if it is something we can help you with, please feel free to post here. Always happy to help out another PDA user. :D

Thanks ! :)

I was just able to get hold of their president (Kim) &amp; he said he'd answer my questions personally. So there must've been some kind of screwup.

Thanks for offering help !